Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:

Talking of age of marriage per se I feel there is no special age.  More so in a developed society. Then there is also a biological difference in a man and a woman. Men generally do not age that much and can marry at any age. The Hollywood star Anthony Quinn( My favorite) married his secretary at 82 and fathered 2 kids. So frankly there is no age if one is socially and materially well off. India is lagging, but soon we will catch up in this field for sure.

I agree with what you said. Marriage age is purely personal. Some will not marry until they are settled in their life financially. Your Anthony Quinn example further establishes the fact that there is no specific age for marriage,

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

One or two swallows does not make summer similarly a couple of stray cases of defiance does not mean the society has changed drastically and to think so is indeed absurd and foolish and being blind to the other side . There is some change happening but at a very slow pace but generally traditions , parental control and caste factors still play a major role in deciding on fixing a marriage in villages, small towns and even in metro towns.. 

Changes are taking place but in a very slow pace which will take years to change the whole society. In villages the condition is very different and the most important point is if at all some are running away from their homes when they are forced by the family is actually not a solution. It's not the desired change. Change is that which is happily acceptable to all and not the protests which may lead to a violent revenge from the family's side which usually do take place and many are not even reported or go totally unnoticed. That's a big failure of our society.

Running away from the home to escape Child marriage is a change I'm favored of. Instead of succumbing to the evils of Child Marriages, it's better to run away from the family showing discontentment towards child marriages.

Some young boys and girls do run away to avoid family pressure but I am not aware that children run away to escape child marriage. While talking about perfect age for marriage I think the child marriage should not come into consideration for discussion because it is already constitutionally illegal. Now, let me say that protest is fine if the family refrains from harsher pressure on their child but that does not happen and that's the matter of concern. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

One or two swallows does not make summer similarly a couple of stray cases of defiance does not mean the society has changed drastically and to think so is indeed absurd and foolish and being blind to the other side . There is some change happening but at a very slow pace but generally traditions , parental control and caste factors still play a major role in deciding on fixing a marriage in villages, small towns and even in metro towns.. 

Changes are taking place but in a very slow pace which will take years to change the whole society. In villages the condition is very different and the most important point is if at all some are running away from their homes when they are forced by the family is actually not a solution. It's not the desired change. Change is that which is happily acceptable to all and not the protests which may lead to a violent revenge from the family's side which usually do take place and many are not even reported or go totally unnoticed. That's a big failure of our society.

Running away from the home to escape Child marriage is a change I'm favored of. Instead of succumbing to the evils of Child Marriages, it's better to run away from the family showing discontentment towards child marriages.

Some young boys and girls do run away to avoid family pressure but I am not aware that children run away to escape child marriage. While talking about perfect age for marriage I think the child marriage should not come into consideration for discussion because it is already constitutionally illegal. Now, let me say that protest is fine if the family refrains from harsher pressure on their child but that does not happen and that's the matter of concern. 

Many Constitutionally illegal Dowry system is still going on unabated. So is the Child marriage. Such things will be confined to the Rule books only. Because some girls are forced to marry at an early age both by the society and the elders of the family, these girls are running away from their family. This is a healthy sign. It shows younger lot even though they are from villages are showing the signs of emancipation. It should increase. There should be a change both in the parents and the concerned members.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.