Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

I saw picture of some receipes of this article, all are mouth watering one. Eating habits in our country is different in most of states. Here in my city we like prontha and curd in breakfast.

My favorite remains Idli and sambar forever. Even while traveling this dish is available in all the Railway canteens. Health wise it is good, for it is cooked on steam. " Kudumu " is the equivalent dish in Telugu

I also like Idli and Sambar but we make some change in making these. We are using semolina for making Idli and Dosa and gram pulse for sambhar. 

The link is too good especially for the mothers because for them fixing the breakfast menu is a tough task. Thanks a lot @usha manohar

shampasaid

@Jincy Aby

Cooking is an Art. Good Chefs  try different combinations in Cooking to drive away monotony. Here is a list of Cooks who have put India on the global Culinary map

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/05/14/indian-chefs_n_7263770.html

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The link is too good especially for the mothers because for them fixing the breakfast menu is a tough task. Thanks a lot @usha manohar

Personally, my week day breakfast remains the same with either cereals and fruits or toast, milk and fruit because of lack of time.But during weekends I try out various different dishes since we have such a wide range to choose from !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thanks for the link which covers almost all breakfast recipes and is very informative and useful. We usually make idli or Dosa with chutney and sambar, puttu & kadala (black channa) curry, Appam & kadala curry, upma, etc. Puttu & Kadala curry is a healthy dish and it is believed that it was discovered by the Portuguese for their soldiers.

Once I was a member of a Malayali mess, then I Happened to taste Puttu. It is a preparation made by using steam. It can be served with Banana. A healthy Breakfast indeed.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Thanks for the link which covers almost all breakfast recipes and is very informative and useful. We usually make idli or Dosa with chutney and sambar, puttu & kadala (black channa) curry, Appam & kadala curry, upma, etc. Puttu & Kadala curry is a healthy dish and it is believed that it was discovered by the Portuguese for their soldiers.

Black channa is principal crop of Rajasthan, here we use it in many ways, We use it for curry (vegetable) we also eat rosted, boiled and prepare soup of it.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Thanks for the link Usha. It contains breakfast items that are traditionally made across the country. I make kane pohe, and pohe of other variatns by adding other veggies such as potato, cauliflower, peas etc. Upma, idli, dosas, among other items.

Pohe is one of my favorites too and when you add vegetables , it becomes very nutritious and tasty ! In Mangalore we even make a sweet dish by adding grated coconut, crushed Jaggery, Honey, Cardomom powder and chopped Bananas to it, basically just mixing everything together. It is very tasty and we serve it with Neer Dosa , a variety of Dosa made with thin rice batter.

My mum also used to make the sweet variety of pohe, but I don't make it since neither me or my husband much relish it. But I do make dahi-pohe occasionally which is pohe mixed with curds, a little salt and sugar and tempering of chillies added to it and served immediately. Add fresh coriander leaves and fried or roasted peanuts to it and it is a totally delicious and satisfying dish.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Thanks for the link Usha. It contains breakfast items that are traditionally made across the country. I make kane pohe, and pohe of other variatns by adding other veggies such as potato, cauliflower, peas etc. Upma, idli, dosas, among other items.

Pohe is one of my favorites too and when you add vegetables , it becomes very nutritious and tasty ! In Mangalore we even make a sweet dish by adding grated coconut, crushed Jaggery, Honey, Cardomom powder and chopped Bananas to it, basically just mixing everything together. It is very tasty and we serve it with Neer Dosa , a variety of Dosa made with thin rice batter.

My mum also used to make the sweet variety of pohe, but I don't make it since neither me or my husband much relish it. But I do make dahi-pohe occasionally which is pohe mixed with curds, a little salt and sugar and tempering of chillies added to it and served immediately. Add fresh coriander leaves and fried or roasted peanuts to it and it is a totally delicious and satisfying dish.

That sounds delicious Kalyani , will definitely try it out ! I make cutlets using Pohe and mashed potatoes, paneer and vegetables ..It is tasty and nutritious normally children eat it up without fuss ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

That sounds delicious Kalyani , will definitely try it out ! I make cutlets using Pohe and mashed potatoes, paneer and vegetables ..It is tasty and nutritious normally children eat it up without fuss ! 

You should try it, it is very delicious and tasty, but remember to eat it as soon as you prepare otherwise, it tends to harden up after sometime because of the curds.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.