Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

With Atukulu (Pressed Rice ) many healthy Breakfasts can be made. Especially for the Tiffin Boxes . Milk and Atukulu with Jaggery or a bit of Honey will be much relished preparation for the children. It can make a nutritious Breakfast for the elders too.

Oats are very healthy and now it is being used in Dosas, Idlis and chapatis along with the base mixture, just to make the preparations more nutritious. I use pats instead of bread crumbs while making cutlets and it gives an added crunch when it is roasted !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Oats are very healthy and now it is being used in Dosas, Idlis and chapatis along with the base mixture, just to make the preparations more nutritious. I use pats instead of bread crumbs while making cutlets and it gives an added crunch when it is roasted !

Usha, No doubt oats are tasty and a very versatile ingredient that can be used in preparing a wide variety of dishes ranging from sweet to savouries, but are they really healthy as is claimed. I am saying this because the the kind of oats we get are the instant porridge variety which are highly processed, so I am sceptical about them.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Usha, No doubt oats are tasty and a very versatile ingredient that can be used in preparing a wide variety of dishes ranging from sweet to savouries, but are they really healthy as is claimed. I am saying this because the the kind of oats we get are the instant porridge variety which are highly processed, so I am sceptical about them.

I guess it is the same controversy that they had about noodles, I personally feel that oats are very healthy and I have been using it since many years for breakfast and sometimes for dinner too and feel that it is great for maintaining weight because it has fibre , fills you up with fewer calories !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Curry leaves are used to make many delicious and healthy breakfasts in Andhra.

Curry leaves boost Iron levels. It is known as Karivepaku Podi in Telugu. This Curry leave preparation goes well with Idli, Upma etc. And this can be stored for a long time.

Curry leaves are dry roasted with Bengalgramdhal and chillies and dry coconut and a few other ingredients powdered to make this Chutney powder as it is called here and it is mixed with either ghee or oil . It goes well with Idlis and dosas..

usha manohar wrote:

Curry leaves are dry roasted with Bengalgramdhal and chillies and dry coconut and a few other ingredients powdered to make this Chutney powder as it is called here and it is mixed with either ghee or oil . It goes well with Idlis and dosas..

I totally love that chutney powder and have learned to prepare it but the taste is not the way you might prepare it. By the way, is there any particular brand of chutney powder that can be bought? My husband is currently visiting Sirsi and nearby places, he will be in Hubli tonight and will start for Pune tomorrow. I can ask him to buy it for me if you can tell me any specific brand or what it might be called.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Thanks for the link Usha. It contains breakfast items that are traditionally made across the country. I make kane pohe, and pohe of other variatns by adding other veggies such as potato, cauliflower, peas etc. Upma, idli, dosas, among other items.

I never heard about kane pohe. What is it? May I know how to make kane pohe? I always like to prepare variety items for my family members. If possible please explain about it.

In Andhra preparations are made with Curry leaves or Karivepaku Akulu, as it is called in Andhra.

It can be made as a powder or as a paste.. Curry leaves paste can be served with rice, lemon rice, Upma or Semiya Upma. Its both delicious and healthy

rambabu wrote:

In Andhra preparations are made with Curry leaves or Karivepaku Akulu, as it is called in Andhra.

It can be made as a powder or as a paste.. Curry leaves paste can be served with rice, lemon rice, Upma or Semiya Upma. Its both delicious and healthy

Why are you repeating the same thing? You have already this in the above post! Do I need to remind you again?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.