Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Jincy Aby wrote:

Very interesting places to visit!! But visiting all these places are not possible in my life. But I would like to visit 'hanging pillar' and 'gandikota canyon' in Andra Pradesh. These two places are somewhat near to my place.

Why visiting all these places are not possible. If you decide to visit all these than no one can stop you. Good luck. 

anil wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

Very interesting places to visit!! But visiting all these places are not possible in my life. But I would like to visit 'hanging pillar' and 'gandikota canyon' in Andra Pradesh. These two places are somewhat near to my place.

Why visiting all these places are not possible. If you decide to visit all these than no one can stop you. Good luck. 

If one selects right Tourist Bus and reservations are done well in advance, One can cover all these places IN A SHORT PERIOD. of course a sound planning is required,

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The youngsters these days are a very smart lot much more intelligent and knowledgeable than most people give them credit for and it is untrue to say that they don't travel nor do they know about our heritage.They are far more adventurous and travel whenever they can in groups and by themselves unlike the old timers who just spit out book knowledge ,refusing to travel for one reason or the other and get first hand experience.Even from smaller towns , we get to see groups of young people exploring places which is something very few people did a few generations ago ! I come across a lot of youngsters in my college and school and at other social groups and majority of them are very independent in their thinking and if you strike the right balance, they too respond positively !

I am agree with you, no doubt present generation is much smart that our generation. But I am not agree with you that old timers just spit out book knowledge. In old time travelling was not so easy like present time. At that time books are major source of information.

True ! Youngsters certainly have an added advantage these days so all the more reason not to underestimate them and their talents , they may not fit the perception of older generations but that is how it is ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The youngsters these days are a very smart lot much more intelligent and knowledgeable than most people give them credit for and it is untrue to say that they don't travel nor do they know about our heritage.They are far more adventurous and travel whenever they can in groups and by themselves unlike the old timers who just spit out book knowledge ,refusing to travel for one reason or the other and get first hand experience.Even from smaller towns , we get to see groups of young people exploring places which is something very few people did a few generations ago ! I come across a lot of youngsters in my college and school and at other social groups and majority of them are very independent in their thinking and if you strike the right balance, they too respond positively !

I am agree with you, no doubt present generation is much smart that our generation. But I am not agree with you that old timers just spit out book knowledge. In old time travelling was not so easy like present time. At that time books are major source of information.

True ! Youngsters certainly have an added advantage these days so all the more reason not to underestimate them and their talents , they may not fit the perception of older generations but that is how it is ..

No I am not under estimating new generation, it is much smart and intelligent than our generation, but accept we are also smart and intelligent in our time. books are still useful source of information.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

No I am not under estimating new generation, it is much smart and intelligent than our generation, but accept we are also smart and intelligent in our time. books are still useful source of information.

Of course each generation had its share of intelligent and adventurous people who explored the world and book knowledge is all important even now since it gives an insight as to what is in store when you plan to visit other places and other relevant information. But with information technology becoming so widespread and available at the click of a finger , things have opened up far more opportunities for the youngsters and others as well ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It's a question of utilizing  the technology and the latest trends in the sphere of visiting and traveling places. I know older generation's ability to catch up with the latest developments and the younger generation's inability to catch up the current trends.

India is a land of wonders. Thanks to my work and being member of Air Staff team, I visited the length and breadth of India from the game parks in Assam and MP ( Kaziranga and Kanha) to the historical monuments. But sadly  the infrastructure of hotels and access roads is very poor and that deters tourism.  I go to Ujjain that has history behind it, but it is so dirty and my American friend wanted to run away.

Why should Indians wait for the government to do something? Why can't Indians who stay nearby beautify and clean the place.  Even our temples so lovely and artistic need a clean up. One has to see the temples in Thailand and China to realise this. Just see the mosques in UAE, so clean, and lovely

Government should ensure traveling facilities. It may be possible to reach nearby places. What about those places which are located far away. Tourism departments must ensure minimum facilities. Tourism is good money earning source.

MG Singh wrote:

India is a land of wonders. Thanks to my work and being member of Air Staff team, I visited the length and breadth of India from the game parks in Assam and MP ( Kaziranga and Kanha) to the historical monuments. But sadly  the infrastructure of hotels and access roads is very poor and that deters tourism.  I go to Ujjain that has history behind it, but it is so dirty and my American friend wanted to run away.

Why should Indians wait for the government to do something? Why can't Indians who stay nearby beautify and clean the place.  Even our temples so lovely and artistic need a clean up. One has to see the temples in Thailand and China to realise this. Just see the mosques in UAE, so clean, and lovely

I totally agree with that, even smaller countries like Sri Lanka, Thailand and of course the African and Arabian countries have better infra structure and tourist facilities than India.It is a wonder that we still attract tourists most of whom have nothing good to say about the way things work here ! We have the bare minimum budget for tourism ,and the ministry is not even a prominent one, does anyone remember and know who the minister for tourism is either at the national or state level?

Even if some one knows the names of the Tourism  Minister's name, it cannot improve the Tourist facilities.. Our Tourism departments need to realize the importance of tourism and the revenue it generates. In this respect Kerala tourism is doing good job. . It's Medical tourism is well known all over the world.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.