Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Co-educational schools are a healthy form of education. I studied only in coeducational schools throughout. But in all Islamic countries, there is no co-education at all even in modern UAE where I am.

I too am all for CO education system and other than convents, most private schools are CO educational.

By the way Dubai has many private shools which are CO educational including a school run by the Indian Embassy

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

MG Singh wrote:

Co-educational schools are a healthy form of education. I studied only in coeducational schools throughout. But in all Islamic countries, there is no co-education at all even in modern UAE where I am.

I studied in CO educational Schools. My Children too studied in CO educational Schools. These Schools helped me in shaping myself into a broad minded andemancipated individual 

I completed my school education boys school. Indeed in that time here were no school of co-education. But my college have co-education. I am in favor of co-education.

I wish we had a rule here which stops members from repeating the same thing twice or more times in every page..

@ anil, most colleges are co ed now , even in villages because the number of schools are fewer and they need to cater to all the children in the vicinity they cannot afford to have a boys only or girls only schools..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Although I studied in a convent school and college for girls, I am entirely in favour of co-educational system. I remember my university days where my lady friends and I felt a bit awkward while communicating with the male batch mates. It took a little time to feel free. During this I have noticed that the girls who had brothers including me were able to shed their hesitation quite quickly while others who didn't have any brother were very shy in talking and mixing with the boys of the class.

shampasaid

I see some ladies who studied in girls only schools and colleges quite shy while dealing with men. It may also be partly the way they have been brought up, sheltered and not given much freedom during their formative years.

Co -Education system certainly is a good system. Many of the C -Educational schools and Colleges are popular and are in great demand. Seeing this popularity, many popular Co -Educational colleges are capitalizing and charging exorbitant fees. Now presently, many agitations are going on in AP, protesting against the high fees structure of these colleges. The Govt is discussing with College Managements regarding this. If the fees structure of these reputed Colleges are reduced to a reasonable level, Co -Education gains more popularity. Additionally even the poor parents too send their children to these colleges and schools without hesitation.

The agitations that go on in different states is against fee structure and has nothing to do with CO Ed education. Most of these institutions are run by politicians or their family members, so the state govt seldom take action. I doubt if fee structure and CO Ed colleges are LinkedIn any way, since fee hike is done in all colleges. 

usha manohar wrote:

The agitations that go on in different states is against fee structure and has nothing to do with CO Ed education. Most of these institutions are run by politicians or their family members, so the state govt seldom take action. I doubt if fee structure and CO Ed colleges are LinkedIn any way, since fee hike is done in all colleges. 

NO they are not linked in any way, co-ed is totally a different thing than fee hike. The entire education system has been systematically captured by politicians all over the country and turned into commercial, money-making venture. Co-education is something that allows girls and boys to interact together in a much healthy and natural way without any gender biases or stereotypes shadowing their relationship. I think the segregation of girls and boys at a very young age which happens in girls-only and boys-only schools and then  the total freedom in college later on confuses most young girls and boys on how to deal naturally with each other. Of course, those who have either-sex siblings at home adjust quickly but overall this process is really not necessary. In fact, together they can learn much better than when segregated.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.