Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The news channels (Telugu, Andhra Jyoti) named a few Co -Ed Colleges like Chatanya in Vizag that are charging exorbitant fees. Anyhow, I will verify .

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The agitations that go on in different states is against fee structure and has nothing to do with CO Ed education. Most of these institutions are run by politicians or their family members, so the state govt seldom take action. I doubt if fee structure and CO Ed colleges are LinkedIn any way, since fee hike is done in all colleges. 

NO they are not linked in any way, co-ed is totally a different thing than fee hike. The entire education system has been systematically captured by politicians all over the country and turned into commercial, money-making venture. Co-education is something that allows girls and boys to interact together in a much healthy and natural way without any gender biases or stereotypes shadowing their relationship. I think the segregation of girls and boys at a very young age which happens in girls-only and boys-only schools and then  the total freedom in college later on confuses most young girls and boys on how to deal naturally with each other. Of course, those who have either-sex siblings at home adjust quickly but overall this process is really not necessary. In fact, together they can learn much better than when segregated.

True, I see it in my school, though in a village the students are quite evolved in their outlook snd can teach their parents a few points too..

But there are a few teachers who still insist on segregation within their classroom, not letting them sit together or speak to each other. According to them they have to take care..these days the youngsters know not only to take care of themselves but would take care of the teachers too smiley.png

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The agitations that go on in different states is against fee structure and has nothing to do with CO Ed education. Most of these institutions are run by politicians or their family members, so the state govt seldom take action. I doubt if fee structure and CO Ed colleges are LinkedIn any way, since fee hike is done in all colleges. 

NO they are not linked in any way, co-ed is totally a different thing than fee hike. The entire education system has been systematically captured by politicians all over the country and turned into commercial, money-making venture. Co-education is something that allows girls and boys to interact together in a much healthy and natural way without any gender biases or stereotypes shadowing their relationship. I think the segregation of girls and boys at a very young age which happens in girls-only and boys-only schools and then  the total freedom in college later on confuses most young girls and boys on how to deal naturally with each other. Of course, those who have either-sex siblings at home adjust quickly but overall this process is really not necessary. In fact, together they can learn much better than when segregated.

True, I see it in my school, though in a village the students are quite evolved in their outlook snd can teach their parents a few points too..

But there are a few teachers who still insist on segregation within their classroom, not letting them sit together or speak to each other. According to them they have to take care..these days the youngsters know not only to take care of themselves but would take care of the teachers too smiley.png

That is so silly when it is quite evident that interaction between girls and boys is so unavoidable and necessary. Now women have even entered th fighting ranks of army and navy and are seen working with men everywhere, so what is the point of such segregation. In fact, the school which my son studies in, at least in primary classes, the teachers makes students sit one boy and one girl at each desk and keeps rotating them so every one gets to interact with each one. That is the best approach if we are to remove gender discrimination and bias.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That is so silly when it is quite evident that interaction between girls and boys is so unavoidable and necessary. Now women have even entered th fighting ranks of army and navy and are seen working with men everywhere, so what is the point of such segregation. In fact, the school which my son studies in, at least in primary classes, the teachers makes students sit one boy and one girl at each desk and keeps rotating them so every one gets to interact with each one. That is the best approach if we are to remove gender discrimination and bias.

That's definitely a good system followed in your Son's school. If such system is followed right from the Primary School stage, by the time your child starts going to Middle School, he gets so used to it that when he hears about these segregated schools, I'm sure he will laugh it away. I remember, when I joined a Co- Ed school, my granny after hearing that I'm studying in Co-Ed school simply was astonished and sneered at my mother as if she has committed a Sacrilege.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes now a days in private schools there is no such gender discrimination but in government schools it is still there because of the  feudal mind set of the people. But surprisingly the students themselves don't much care and mingle freely with each other outside the classes ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I wish we had a rule here which stops members from repeating the same thing twice or more times in every page..

@ anil, most colleges are co ed now , even in villages because the number of schools are fewer and they need to cater to all the children in the vicinity they cannot afford to have a boys only or girls only schools..

Here in my city it is not true. Here co-education collages are 2 or three but for girls here 5 colleges. It is right that most of schools in rural area are co-ed. government have not source for separate school for boys and girls in rural area.

In my own city two schools and junior colleges run by the church were for boys only. But recently they have started admitting girls as well, so they too realise the importance of CO education. However, the girls only schools and colleges run by Christian organization still remsins the same..

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I wish we had a rule here which stops members from repeating the same thing twice or more times in every page..

@ anil, most colleges are co ed now , even in villages because the number of schools are fewer and they need to cater to all the children in the vicinity they cannot afford to have a boys only or girls only schools..

Here in my city it is not true. Here co-education collages are 2 or three but for girls here 5 colleges. It is right that most of schools in rural area are co-ed. government have not source for separate school for boys and girls in rural area.

Rural people still believe in gender discrimination and are still not open-minded where girls are concerned, and believe that boys are superior to girls. That is why girls and boys are not allowed to mingle freely and even they are allowed to, it changes the moment girls reach puberty when she is not allowed to play, allowed to talk to boys etc. It will still take some more time to change all that.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Rural people still believe in gender discrimination and are still not open-minded where girls are concerned, and believe that boys are superior to girls. That is why girls and boys are not allowed to mingle freely and even they are allowed to, it changes the moment girls reach puberty when she is not allowed to play, allowed to talk to boys etc. It will still take some more time to change all that.

I agree. Not only rural people, even the urban people still think that a Girl's duty is to bear the children and cook for the family. Additionally, I feel that our traditions and beliefs too are responsible for this attitude in the people. " Na Putra Gatir Nasti ", Without a male child, it is not possible to stop the cycle of Birth and death.. As you said, this belief is firmly rooted in our society. It is essential to change the attitude prevailing in the Society. It certainly takes time to see a change in our Society. Co -Education in the present condition looks to be a distant dream, in rural areas.

The mindset has to be changed for the betterment of the society. If segregation is followed then curiosity regarding the opposite sex will never come to an end and the prevailing menace of the society will constantly make its presence felt. Co-Ed is a healthy option which should be opted from the Montessori level and that's how children will learn to love, care and respect people of the opposite sex.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.