I came across this amazing video which shows the changing trends in the entire history of India from 29 BC to the present day through maps at different period of time. The earlier years where change was very subtle, the video fast tracks...However, a must watch so that we know the change in rulers and dynasties  our country has gone through right from 413 BCE ( Before the common Era ) ..

http://www.younews.in/videos/a-year-by-year-map-history-of-india-from-the-4th-century-bc-to-date/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Indeed a wonderful depiction of progression of various  empires in Indian history.

Quite Useful and impressive The Video has covered ranging from the 4th century BC to date.When My daughter who was History (Main) student long ago,  I used to hunt for History Books that covered Ancient Age, Medieval period and Modern India. But they were voluminous. This single video has covered all. It is compact, easily presentable. This will be useful both for the History students and History enthusiasts.

This video is of my  interest. I was not student of history but I like to read about history. It is map but I want to read.

It is like going through a time capsule and amazing to see how our country has absorbed such a lot of outside influences . Everybody has come and ruled us and we have surrendered easily, so much so that Mughals at one stage had occupied almost the entire Indian sub continent.Either the population was laid back or did not have the strength or the know how to tackle the invaders !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like today we were busy settling scores with each other and vast majority was suppressed by caste system. Their was no pride to fight for. Any ruler was good enough.

anil wrote:

This video is of my  interest. I was not student of history but I like to read about history. It is map but I want to read.

Anil,It's a map history. It provides Indian History through  the Map of India. If you want to read about Indian History, I can suggest a  Book, available easily. 'Advanced History of India' written by K.A Nilakanta Sastri and G. Srinivasachari.

I guess it was because of the existence of many kings and  many kingdoms and like @vijay says Caste system that made people not bother too much about outsiders invading the country.However, even the south Indian Chola Kings did invade Sri Lanka and other eastern countries. In fact one can see the total influence of Hinduism in countries like Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia ,Burma and Cambodia .. But north was different because the Mughal invasion started from there and there was a lot of infighting between the Hindu kings themselves which made it easier for the Mughals to take advantage and spread their empire.

i think there is no history like Indian history, which makes Indian history more interesting 

bhuyali saroj

Please ban this guy from commenting.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Anil,It's a map history. It provides Indian History through  the Map of India. If you want to read about Indian History, I can suggest a  Book, available easily. 'Advanced History of India' written by K.A Nilakanta Sastri and G. Srinivasachari.

Thanks, are these books available online.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.