Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

This video is of my  interest. I was not student of history but I like to read about history. It is map but I want to read.

Anil,It's a map history. It provides Indian History through  the Map of India. If you want to read about Indian History, I can suggest a  Book, available easily. 'Advanced History of India' written by K.A Nilakanta Sastri and G. Srinivasachari.

Thanks, are these books available online.

They are available in any Book store at your place or a nearby city.

anil wrote:

This video is of my  interest. I was not student of history but I like to read about history. It is map but I want to read.

First of all you need to be clear about what part and category of history , you are interested in because it is such a vast subject and one cannot gain sufficient knowledge just by going through a couple of books..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Wonder that was India by A L Basham is a worth reading book on ancient Indian history and beyond. It is available online on Flipkart. I recently ordered it.

Yes. AL Basham's A cultural History of India certainly worth reading. In Vizag we have a Book fair going on. I will see if this Book is available. Otherwise i will order one from Amazon.Com.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

First of all you need to be clear about what part and category of history , you are interested in because it is such a vast subject and one cannot gain sufficient knowledge just by going through a couple of books..

I am interested in reading history of India after Dwapar yuga.

Its a really good and informative video. This video depicts the progress  and history of India. I was always looking for this kind of videos, never found before. I am going to save this video now.. 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

I am interested in reading history of India after Dwapar yuga.

Try this link

http://www.amazon.in/Third-Day-Dwapara-Yuga-First/dp/1630686751

Bajirao wrote:

Its a really good and informative video. This video depicts the progress  and history of India. I was always looking for this kind of videos, never found before. I am going to save this video now.. 

Yes it is definitely worth saving, I too have done the  same . History and progress, both Geographic and cultural on a single video.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Geography is a very interesting subject to those who love to travel or even those who want to gain knowledge about other places in the world. It starts with maps..Here is a list of some of the best maps available..I have one that is a few decades old given to me by my father which I treasure..

http://brilliantmaps.com/world-atlas/

This reminded me Bout a Globe and an Atlas  ever present on my table when I was working as a PRO in Vizag Steel Plant. After my Voluntary retirement . I had to leave in my office both the Globe and the Atlas as they were the property of the Steel Plant. Now I will buy one to teach location of different place of different Countries to my Grand children whenever they come on a vacation.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.