I doubt if there are many people who do not like Potatoes..children love them in any form and they are nutritious and tasty. One can prepare at least a dozen dishes using using potatoes and every household stocks up Potatoes along with Tomatoes and Onions which no kitchen can do without.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree, potatoes are indeed the most versatile and the most liked vegetable, favorite of the old as well as children. I really like the way this unpretentious tuber has integrated itself in the Indian cuisine although it came from outside.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My wife used to say, Potato is a house wife's joy and eater's delight. It can be mixed with any food, Vegetarian or non vegetarian, They can be mashed or whipped. A  most flexible vegetable that can be served with or without Gravy as a side dish.

Somewhere I read that potatoes originated  from  Southern Peru .

i guess its also the one of the first veg that babys start with.... im starting mashed potato for my 6mnth old now :)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

True,  I too fed mashed potatoes with some butter and a pinch of salt to my children and they still love it ..of course adding a lot more spices to it now! Some snacks like Samosas and cutlets cannot be thought of made without potatoes ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

We make a preparation  with Boiled eggs and potatoes, which we call as Poratu,, is such a versatile preparation that it serves as mixing curry  and a main curry too. Easy to make and delicious to eat.

Potato is a delight in any form. Boiled and mashed potatoes in curd with spices is a simple but delicious fish.

I too make potato raita similarly which is s great dish (fish) confused.png to have during summer months.

We also make a dish called saung with potatoes and onions, a very spicy gravy which is very popular here.

Thank you said by: suni51

Bangala Dumpalyu is the Telugu version of Potaoes. We make a curry with Capsicum and Potato. Very delicious. Koora ( curry )

There are so many ways that potatoes can be cooked. I like baby potatoes plain boiled with salt and then baked in a dressing of oil, garlic and herbs. They are very hard to resist.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In Telugu families, we prepare a curry called' Bangala Dumpa ( Potato ) curry, a gravy based dish that goes well with Hot rice,

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.