Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think the national dish of Switzerland is made from potatos. I am missing the name.

vijay wrote:

I think the national dish of Switzerland is made from potatos. I am missing the name.

Grated and fried potatoes, its called rosti.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes rostii which has grated potatoes pan fried with cheese filling is very popular in Switzerland, also Roasted Jacket potatoes and sour cream. Both are very tasty..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

My wife used to say, Potato is a house wife's joy and eater's delight. It can be mixed with any food, Vegetarian or non vegetarian, They can be mashed or whipped. A  most flexible vegetable that can be served with or without Gravy as a side dish.

Somewhere I read that potatoes originated  from  Southern Peru .

Dum Aalu is VIP vegetable of potatoes. Potatoes can be mixed with any vegetable. Once Raj Kapoor said for Shashi Kapoor is potatoes because in these he is doing second lead role with most of heroes.

usha manohar wrote:

Yes rostii which has grated potatoes pan fried with cheese filling is very popular in Switzerland, also Roasted Jacket potatoes and sour cream. Both are very tasty..

Yummm..roasted jacket potatoes English style is my favorite! After responding to this thread, I went and made rosti today for dinner! Just talking about potatoes makes you crave them! bowtie.png

Here are the potato curries we in AP prepare.

Aaloo Mashed curry, Aloo Upma curry, Drumstick ( Mulakkaada) Aloo Gravy,,,, the list goes on. Really Potato a wonderful Vegetable

Recently I ate potato Halwa in a friend's place and it was very tasty, of course loaded with ghee and nuts ..Potato is also a great combination and goes well with mutton curry and prawns gravy . My children love to have Potatoes and other vegetables like carrots, french beans ,peas and cauliflower along with meat and prawns.. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Recently I ate potato Halwa in a friend's place and it was very tasty, of course loaded with ghee and nuts ..Potato is also a great combination and goes well with mutton curry and prawns gravy . My children love to have Potatoes and other vegetables like carrots, french beans ,peas and cauliflower along with meat and prawns.. 

My mother sometimes made potato halwa but that is one thing I never liked, potatoes with sugar si something that has failed to grow on me.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

My mother sometimes made potato halwa but that is one thing I never liked, potatoes with sugar si something that has failed to grow on me.

The one I ate was really tasty ..apparently grated potato is fried in ghee along with almond powder and then coked in creamy milk and sugar. I was not able to identify the ingredients until they told me it was made from Potatoes..

Yeah king of all the vegetables. and also we can say the life saving vegetables for poor people...   

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.