Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Oh.. Thank you for correcting.

rambabu wrote:

Oh.. Thank you for correcting.

Welcome! You should change the title accordingly.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I Changed the title. Please have a look. I personally feel Blood onation is more familiar than Plasma Donation. Please suggest

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

A very noble gesture on his part. A correction although is needed, it is not the blood but the plasma that he is donating. there is a difference in the two.

In fact I too wanted to point it out ...Plasma is not blood but it is the colorless fluid part of blood or lymph in which corpuscles or fat globules are suspended.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I dont think one can donate plasma since it is part of blood..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I dont think one can donate plasma since it is part of blood..

No Usha, Plasma can be donated and it is very safe procedure. To donate plasma, blood is withdrawn from the body like in a normal blood donation. This withdrawn blood is then passed through special equipment using centrifugal technology in which the plasma and the blood cells are seperated. This plasma is collected and the blood cells are returned to donor's body. The Mr. Harrison, the subject of this thread, contains a specific protein in his blood plasma which is very rare, and which is why he is sought after donor for his plasma. It is only due to lack of awareness regarding plasma donation that people do not much about it or the medical usage of plasma.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ Kalyani

A neat and simple clarification  about Plasma donation. Despite  all this, I wonder how this noble deed is still going on with the name 'Blood Donation. Any how Blood Donation lights a lamp in the lives of the people whose lives are saved. This satisfaction makes the Donor and the Donee Happy.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.