Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:

North East is beautiful land of India. It is also fact that Government of India is not much serious for the development of these state since Independence.

I agree. Luckily, because of the Natural beauty,Exotic Handicrafts made with forest based materiel like Bamboos and some unique qualities in these North Eastern States, Tourism  developed. If the Government takes some more measures, the revenue generated by Tourism will strengthen the exchequer of both State and central Governments.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Don't forget the football player Baichung Bhutia!

Now, Dipa Karmakar adds to the list of sports personalities from North East. Basically, this region has not been explored to its fullest.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Don't forget the football player Baichung Bhutia!

Now, Dipa Karmakar adds to the list of sports personalities from North East. Basically, this region has not been explored to its fullest.

TRue Shampa, this region has been ignored largely by the  rest of the country in spite of the tremendous talent and potential there.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Of course, Dipa karmakar, who won the Hearts of all with her mesmerizing Gymnastics should be added to the list along with the other Sports greats.

8 Things Which Makes North East India Apart from Rest of The Country

rambabu wrote:

Of course, Dipa karmakar, who won the Hearts of all with her mesmerizing Gymnastics should be added to the list along with the other Sports greats.

Let us not go overboard in labeling her as one of the greats. Agreed that she gave a good performance but did not really prove her mettle in the international scenario!

Save

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Let us not go overboard in labeling her as one of the greats. Agreed that she gave a good performance but did not really prove her mettle in the international scenario!

Well Kalyani, Dipa is not one of the greats but she has put India in the limelight even in gymnastics. She won bronze medal in Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and also during the Asian Gymnastics Championships which prove her quality but missed Olympic medal though by a very small margin. If you consider awards then Somdev Devvarman has not achieved much in international tennis but they all have proved that they have some sporting edge over many others. They all belong to India and North East which is very special indeed.  

shampasaid

On will be definitely convinced if  two factors are taken into consideration. The first aspect is, Dipa was a ' First Timer". Second aspect is her event. that is Gymnastics. In this event, till now no Indian woman took part. Despite all these limitations she stood in the Fourth place. In Olympics there are instances of remembering a gallant loser than the Medal winner.. And Dipa is one such gallant loser.

rambabu wrote:

On will be definitely convinced if  two factors are taken into consideration. The first aspect is, Dipa was a ' First Timer". Second aspect is her event. that is Gymnastics. In this event, till now no Indian woman took part. Despite all these limitations she stood in the Fourth place. In Olympics there are instances of remembering a gallant loser than the Medal winner.. And Dipa is one such gallant loser.

Not only this, she performed the Produnova in the artistic gymnastics category which is considered to be the riskiest vault. She is one of the five gymnasts who have completed the Produnova successfully till date.   

shampasaid

Kiren Rijiju who is the Union minister of state for home affairs is from Arunachal Pradesh ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Other than sports persons North East has given us a renowned father-son duo in the music field. I am sure you have recognised the duo, yes, S.D. Burman and Rahul Dev Burman who hailed from Tripura royal family. Even Bhupen Hazarika is one popular singer from Assam.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.