Mahabharata, set during the Vedic age is considered to be the authority in  matters of State,Government,polity and Philosophy. Though the Grand Epic was written centuries ago, it is relevant even to the present times.

Read this  thought provoking and  interesting article

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/aakash-mishra/waiting-for-krishna-the-cheerharan-of-india-and-lessons-from/?utm_hp_ref=in-homepage

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Nice read. Very thoughtful comparisons made. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

The most interesting aspect is ,comparison of Draupadi  with the modern day nation-state and the subjects who are stripped of their rights...

Yes i too liked that one the most. It is so apt. Really appreciate the author for this thought process 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Yes. The Author, whosoever he may be deserves a complement. If you go in to the details you will appreciate other Points too.

Krishna (conscience) in the course of Mahabharata always comes to the rescue of Draupadi (people). They are believed to have taken birth together from the same yagna that was performed by King Drupad. 

The above information is wrong ! When King Drupad performed the Yagna Draupadi comes out first and then comes Drishtadhyumna , not Krishna!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That's an information worth noting. About this I was unaware.

For those who have read the Mahabharat this is not something new because Draupadis brother has a role to play later during the war..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Actually The mahabharat Granth show to save your family first and don't do any harm to anyone. This is the main motive of this Granth 

Vikram Sharma wrote:

Actually The mahabharat Granth show to save your family first and don't do any harm to anyone. This is the main motive of this Granth 

Be very careful what you write in forums. If you continue with such comments I am afraid to say that your account could be blocked for spamming. 

Do not open old treads but reply properly to new threads only!

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Vikram Sharma wrote:

Being weak or vulnerable to others views can tempt you away  from the right path more easily than you might realize. Doing your duty by fighting the negative and remaining positive in your outlook and Karma

This is the essence of Mahabharata, which is relevant all ages and times.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.