Today is Nov 1. I am staying in Bangalore for last six years. Each year, this day is celebrated vibrantly as Karnataka Rajyotsava. Today the state turns 60. When I moved to Bangalore, I was surprised to know that Karnataka has a state flag of it's own.

Let's pour in with known and less known facts about this state--culture, history, food,festival, mysteries, tourism... the list is endless

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Karnataka was formed on  1, 1958. Karnataka has been home to the some of the most powerful Empires of  the ancient and Medieval India Karnataka is well known for its Carnatic  and Hindustani Music. Bangalore is the Capital and the largest city  in the State of Karnataka

Wow this is interesting. Kerala also turns 60 today. 1 Nov is celebrated as Kerala Piravi which means birth of kerala. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Besides Karnataka and Kerala, Chattishgarh, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh are celebrating their Formation Days this Day.

rambabu wrote:

Besides Karnataka and Kerala, Chattishgarh, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh are celebrating their Formation Days this Day.

If today is formation day of Haryana than it is also formation day of Himchal and Punjab. Earlier these states were one state know as Punjab.

Karnataka Rajyotsava is celebrated every year with a lot of fanfare across the state. State govt employees , teachers , Kannada film actors and artistes who have excelled in their field are honored every year. Karnataka is famous for its Sandal wood , Dasara celebrations at Mysore city and palace, exquisite Mysore silk sarees, many varieties of Jasmine flowers and  sweets like Mysorepak and Kesari bath besides other things ..

images 2

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Mysorepak is my favorite Sweet. It's famous in AP too.

Karnataka is also very famous for its udipi hotels that serve tasty vegetarian food and snacks all over the country and abroad too. Besides the ones I have already mentioned earlier , Bisi bele bath , Masala Dosa and Rava Idli originated in Karnataka. Now of course these dishes are well known.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Karnataka is well known for a Traditional Theater form Yakshagana . This Theater combines dance, Music, dialogues, costume makeup and stage techniques with a unique style and form. It is mainly found in the coastal districts and the Malenadu region of Karnataka.

Karnataka is now famous for its IT prowess.

Yes. My Son in law works as the Vice President of a very famous IT company. Besides this there are well known IT firms like WIPRO, Infosys too in Bangalore.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.