Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ Uma lovely pictures.

Well, for me the silk and silk saris are the most attractive part. My relatives come from all over India for their silk shopping here.

I love the raagi mude.

It is interesting to know that so many states were born on this day

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

@ Uma lovely pictures.

Well, for me the silk and silk saris are the most attractive part. My relatives come from all over India for their silk shopping here.

I love the raagi mude.

It is interesting to know that so many states were born on this day

Thanks by the way I am usha not uma ..

Ragi mudde is another specialty of Karnataka , also thin rotis made with maize flour called Jolada rotti . It is normally served with a spicy dish made with small brinjals called Yennegayi..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Being an Art lover and an amateur Artist, I make it sure to buy all my required  Art material including sketch books from Bangalore. I also buy Jeans. I think in  Marthhalli i get a variety of Jeans.Additionally I buy less expensive imitation Art Pieces too.

Karnataka is very famous for handloom textiles , in fact we can find different kinds of handloom materials  made in different districts. Hubli handloom sarees and mangalore handloom sarees are very beautiful, so also handicrafts made from coconut shells and drift wood.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

About Hand loom saris, I am not interested. Because business men bring Saris  from Gadwa made in Telengana State  to AP also. They are really beautiful and of quality.  Earlier while discussing about Art Material, i remembered now. The name of the Shop is Staples.

My post is meant for all not just one member and his likes or dislikes about handloom sarees..some members have this peculiar quality which makes them think that all posts made here are meant for their benefit!

No. I know this post is meat for all. Having visited Bangalore quit a number of times, I expressed my own likes. Being an art lover, I said the reasons why I loved Bangalore. Other members too expressed too expressed their views.

Well, Karnataka is a heaven for art. I love the wooden arts and the wooden toys from chennapatnam.

@ usha I love those spicy brinjal with jowar roti. I totally agree with you on the handloom art

And not to forget the much cherished AKKI rotis, which I learnt and mastered with pracitce for my family.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Everything that is related to art like canvase, Paints starting from Oil Colors, water colors and acrylic colors  I buy from Bangalore. Mostly acrylics are used in Fabric paintings. Most of these things are available under one roof.

I don't know much about Karnatka. I visited once in my life. I visited Mysore and there I saw Vardawan Garden and Mysore place. Each state of India have some specialties and these are identity of states.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.