Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I have never visited Karnataka so have no practical knowledge about the state. But, knowledge gained from different sources always make me appreciate the quality of  life people lead there and also value the talent it has got.

Please do visit. It is full of tourist attractions. In last six years, except for a few overseas vacation and visit to my native place. I have spent most of my holidays( including weekends) in exploring Karnataka and nearby Tamil Nadu and Kerela. It is a travelers paradise with varieties to offer- Beaches, temples, hills, mountains, coffee plantations, wild life and Archaeological sites. I think even after six years, there is a lot left on my wishlist. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: rambabu
Arunima Singh wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I have never visited Karnataka so have no practical knowledge about the state. But, knowledge gained from different sources always make me appreciate the quality of  life people lead there and also value the talent it has got.

Please do visit. It is full of tourist attractions. In last six years, except for a few overseas vacation and visit to my native place. I have spent most of my holidays( including weekends) in exploring Karnataka and nearby Tamil Nadu and Kerela. It is a travelers paradise with varieties to offer- Beaches, temples, hills, mountains, coffee plantations, wild life and Archaeological sites. I think even after six years, there is a lot left on my wishlist. 

I agree, Karnataka is a tourists paradise since there is so much to experience and see  here. Although I am from here I am yet to visit all the districts.Whenever I get a weekend off, I just take off to a smaller town where I have a friend or a close relative ..We get to see more vibrant life in smaller places since all the metros are now beginning to look the same.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The Archaeological sites like Hampi, Badami and Pattendkal really gave me a goose bumps when I visited them. I think you need to see these places on your feet and take a long break to see them in entirety. My short visit keeps me craving for more of these places.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Well, Karnataka is a heaven for art. I love the wooden arts and the wooden toys from chennapatnam.

@ usha I love those spicy brinjal with jowar roti. I totally agree with you on the handloom art

And not to forget the much cherished AKKI rotis, which I learnt and mastered with pracitce for my family.

Arunima, even a simple dish like akti rotti is made in different ways depending on the region. In southern coastal areas coconut and coconut water is mixed along with the rice flour . In northern coastal areas coconut is ground along with green chillies and ginger and added to the akki rotti dough. I make rotti using Ragi, Rava and rice flour in equal quantities, adding grated carrots, chopped onions, grated coconut, green chillies,coriander leaves , even methi leaves if I have it ..it is very nutritious and a very filling meal, either for breakfast or to take in your lunch box.

That sounds tasty. Is it similar to paratha? I ve never visited any place in the south & and so am familiar with only dishes like idli, dosa, sambar & coconut chutney as these dishes are found all over India

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Well, Karnataka is a heaven for art. I love the wooden arts and the wooden toys from chennapatnam.

@ usha I love those spicy brinjal with jowar roti. I totally agree with you on the handloom art

And not to forget the much cherished AKKI rotis, which I learnt and mastered with pracitce for my family.

Arunima, even a simple dish like akti rotti is made in different ways depending on the region. In southern coastal areas coconut and coconut water is mixed along with the rice flour . In northern coastal areas coconut is ground along with green chillies and ginger and added to the akki rotti dough. I make rotti using Ragi, Rava and rice flour in equal quantities, adding grated carrots, chopped onions, grated coconut, green chillies,coriander leaves , even methi leaves if I have it ..it is very nutritious and a very filling meal, either for breakfast or to take in your lunch box.

That sounds tasty. Is it similar to paratha? I ve never visited any place in the south & and so am familiar with only dishes like idli, dosa, sambar & coconut chutney as these dishes are found all over India

Dosa and  Chutney are just a brief trailer to an otherwise long, colorful, rich and absolutely fascinating journey that is South India. The South India is known as the land of spices.

In my state of andhra Pradesh, chillies  are generously used. For all this you should travel and taste the varieties of food in all the Southern states India.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

First of all Jabeen it is great to have you back here after a long time...

The only difference between parathas and rotti would be in the flours used and the texture. Parathas are softer , whereas rotti can be tougher but filled with lots of fiber .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

First of all Jabeen it is great to have you back here after a long time...

The only difference between parathas and rotti would be in the flours used and the texture. Parathas are softer , whereas rotti can be tougher but filled with lots of fiber .

Its good to be back again. I was little busy with my work so couldn't log in for a long time. I think i should try making akti roti. By the way are those carrots, methi added while making dough or stuffed like paratha? Can we use plain water instead of coconut water?

@ Jabeen, you mix all the flours and chopped vegetables together along with salt, a little sugar, a tablespoon of curds and enough water to make a thick dough like we make for chapatis. Then take a handful of it and flatten it on the hot tava , spreading as thinly as possible with your fingers..you can also add dil and mint leaves..

Thank you said by: jabeen
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.