Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    jabeen wrote:
    Vishakha Purohit wrote:

    I have also visited a few historical monuments and I enjoyed seeing them so closely. I have seen Taj Mahal, Mysore palace, Lotus Temple, Hawa Mahal, Qutab Minar, Sanchi Stupa and Ajanta Ellora Caves while travelling to various cities. The condition of these historical monuments make me feel very sad. They are not maintained very effectively. A few people take liberty of messing up these historical monuments at their own will whenever they want to. Apart from all these things, I loved visiting the famous historical monuments of India.

    Its really sad to see how people ve messed up the monuments. Its disgusting to see their names written, hearts carved, + signs and what not!! Some people seriously do not know the importance of historical monuments.

    @ Usha,

    Is charminar located right at the centre of market place? Once while attending a meeting at Hyderabad, our driver mentioned that we were then passing through a historical monument but I was surprised to see people selling things and seems to be a very busy market. I didn't pay mch attention at that time. But if that was charminar, i m shock at how it is maintained

    Yes it is the very same one and I had similar thoughts when I visited it. The first time I visited Hyderabad was in the nineties an it was slightly better in that, there were fewer shops . But the last time I saw it , it looks so cluttered and congested that a couple of people who were visiting for the first time were commenting that there were several  such buildings in Lucknow and even in old parts of Mumbai , as cluttered ! The previous govts of  Andhra Pradesh state have thoroughly neglected the place which is actually very beautiful..

    These historical are peerless treasure of country. Politicians are greedy and citizens are not careless. Development of market is not new thing. population is increasing and for peoples historical and religious places are best one place for business.

     


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    anil wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:
    jabeen wrote:
    Vishakha Purohit wrote:

    I have also visited a few historical monuments and I enjoyed seeing them so closely. I have seen Taj Mahal, Mysore palace, Lotus Temple, Hawa Mahal, Qutab Minar, Sanchi Stupa and Ajanta Ellora Caves while travelling to various cities. The condition of these historical monuments make me feel very sad. They are not maintained very effectively. A few people take liberty of messing up these historical monuments at their own will whenever they want to. Apart from all these things, I loved visiting the famous historical monuments of India.

    Its really sad to see how people ve messed up the monuments. Its disgusting to see their names written, hearts carved, + signs and what not!! Some people seriously do not know the importance of historical monuments.

    @ Usha,

    Is charminar located right at the centre of market place? Once while attending a meeting at Hyderabad, our driver mentioned that we were then passing through a historical monument but I was surprised to see people selling things and seems to be a very busy market. I didn't pay mch attention at that time. But if that was charminar, i m shock at how it is maintained

    Yes it is the very same one and I had similar thoughts when I visited it. The first time I visited Hyderabad was in the nineties an it was slightly better in that, there were fewer shops . But the last time I saw it , it looks so cluttered and congested that a couple of people who were visiting for the first time were commenting that there were several  such buildings in Lucknow and even in old parts of Mumbai , as cluttered ! The previous govts of  Andhra Pradesh state have thoroughly neglected the place which is actually very beautiful..

    These historical are peerless treasure of country. Politicians are greedy and citizens are not careless. Development of market is not new thing. population is increasing and for peoples historical and religious places are best one place for business.

    It is essential to preserve our History and Heritage because it is an important part of human existence. History is what created us all. It is how we progressed, just like a photograph  which we preserve, may be your family reminds you of the love for each other. In the same way History and Historical heritage tells about the love for humanity, love for how we progressed and how we are and what we are today

     


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    I remember visiting Agra fort several times as child. I loved to visit the chamber / room where Shah Jahan was kept captive by his son Aurangzeb. I remember listening to the story told by tourist guides,  with curiosity to know how he spent his last days in his son's captive. And how his son granted him the wish to keep in a place from where he could see the memory of his beloved Mumtaz. The view of Taj Mahal from those jharokhas are so captivating. I could really imagine Shah Jahan standing and looking at Taj. So many interesting stories are embedded in each pillar and walls of historical monuments.


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    Arunima Singh wrote:

    I remember visiting Agra fort several times as child. I loved to visit the chamber / room where Shah Jahan was kept captive by his son Aurangzeb. I remember listening to the story told by tourist guides,  with curiosity to know how he spent his last days in his son's captive. And how his son granted him the wish to keep in a place from where he could see the memory of his beloved Mumtaz. The view of Taj Mahal from those jharokhas are so captivating. I could really imagine Shah Jahan standing and looking at Taj. So many interesting stories are embedded in each pillar and walls of historical monuments.

    That chamber is worth seeing but most of the people associate Agra only with the beauty of The Taj Mahal that they don't even visit that chamber.

    I feel that if we visit any historical places, its better to be accompanied by a guide as they ve many interesting stories to share about the place


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    jabeen wrote:
    Arunima Singh wrote:

    I remember visiting Agra fort several times as child. I loved to visit the chamber / room where Shah Jahan was kept captive by his son Aurangzeb. I remember listening to the story told by tourist guides,  with curiosity to know how he spent his last days in his son's captive. And how his son granted him the wish to keep in a place from where he could see the memory of his beloved Mumtaz. The view of Taj Mahal from those jharokhas are so captivating. I could really imagine Shah Jahan standing and looking at Taj. So many interesting stories are embedded in each pillar and walls of historical monuments.

    That chamber is worth seeing but most of the people associate Agra only with the beauty of The Taj Mahal that they don't even visit that chamber.

    I feel that if we visit any historical places, its better to be accompanied by a guide as they ve many interesting stories to share about the place

    I for one interested in finding a convenient place so that I can sketch it. Another important aspect in which I am interested in  is, Archaeological aspect. This I told very clearly my Guide, so that I can spend my time at the Taj  only with my choices. It all depends on the interests and tastes of the Tourist.

     


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    For Archaeological sites and their lovers, Hampi, Badami and Puttendkal in Karnataka are worth a visit. And I will admit though the surroundings have filth around, the sites are beautifully maintained by ASI archaeological survey of India. A real treat for tourists.


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    I visited only Hampi. The other places you mentioned, I did not see. Hope in future I definitely see them. Thank you for suggesting.


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    vijay wrote:

    Many historical temples in India are real works of art but the visit is totally ruined by the perennially "begging" staff members and shopkeepers. For tye visitor it is faith but for the keepers it is commerce. Both missions are different hence no sync in visiting.

    In fact the whole system encourages begging, even the guides are begging, the sellers,are begging. If instead it is properly organised by settings up stalls where you can make use of these services like it is in other countries, it Ed be so much more convenient and dignified without robbing them of their livelihood..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    I have visited a few monuments including in China and was surprised as how there were no persons pestering the visitors and the surroundings were clean and neat. A few souvenir shops were there. There was no fleecing of the visitors. It was a pleasure to visit them unlike temple visits in India were you are treated like a cash cow and every one is busy milking you. Emotional disasters.


  • Re: Famous Historical Monuments of India

    by » 4 years ago


    vijay wrote:

    I have visited a few monuments including in China and was surprised as how there were no persons pestering the visitors and the surroundings were clean and neat. A few souvenir shops were there. There was no fleecing of the visitors. It was a pleasure to visit them unlike temple visits in India were you are treated like a cash cow and every one is busy milking you. Emotional disasters.

    There are few things that are so peculiar about India. At least being an Indian, you can resist the milking as you know well that you are being cheated. But imagine the way foreigners are treated and robbed. Sends a wrong message to the others and also affects our tourism


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.