Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There are very many things peculiar about India starting with the dirt , filth , lack of discipline ( people cannot even stand in ques without touching others, pushing or falling over others) and lack of basic facilities like clean usable toilets .. I have interacted with quite a few foreigners and they all say that while India is rich in culture and heritage and has a lt of naturally beautiful places , the maintenance is as bad as the cities with no proper road laid out to certain tourist places and transport facilities either which encourages private players to fleece the tourists ..

It is only after UNESCO took interest in our heritage and culture and started improving the conditions that there is some improvement , before which many of the historical monuments were totally neglected

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Generally, Indians do not care about their own culture and heritage. .I have seen how ancient Temples and Monuments are disfigured and desecrated by the people . About the maintenance by the Government less said better it would be..

Indians are too divided into many castes and other groups to feel pride in ancient monuments. It is usually reach, see,  touch and go. Environment is not important. That is why surroundings of temples are crowded and dirty.

vijay wrote:

Indians are too divided into many castes and other groups to feel pride in ancient monuments. It is usually reach, see,  touch and go. Environment is not important. That is why surroundings of temples are crowded and dirty.

Of course, to upkeep the ancient temples in tact and their sanctity, Environment has to be protected. I have seen some temples damaged due to corrosion, for which abusing environment is the reason.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.