Earlier a film was made on reformed Dacoit Phoolan Devi while she was still alive and Charles Sobhraj ..and recently we have had a spate of films made on some famous sports personalities and some unsavory characters , film stars etc ..Is it a healthy trend, glorifying someone while they are still alive , probably having much more to contribute in their life time ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I don't see anything wrong. Recently saw MS Dhoni... It is an osm movie ... Gives us an insight into the life of our idols... Feeling more proud of our captain. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

I don't see anything wrong. Recently saw MS Dhoni... It is an osm movie ... Gives us an insight into the life of our idols... Feeling more proud of our captain. 

I agree. Though I did not see the film made on Dhoni. Can you please give me such movies ?

So, based on the above posts    it is perfectly alright to glorify Dawood , Osama Bin Laden and other controversial personalities, thereby making them acceptable and diluting the impact of the terror Regine they have let loose . If one personality from a sports field is glorified through a film why not others from other fields since we live in a democracy 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

So, based on the above posts    it is perfectly alright to glorify Dawood , Osama Bin Laden and other controversial personalities, thereby making them acceptable and diluting the impact of the terror Regine they have let loose . If one personality from a sports field is glorified through a film why not others from other fields since we live in a democracy 

If you ask me personally, I don't think it is a healthy trend. For starters, glorifying someone as young as MS Dhoni may prove damaging to his own career, may not really happen, but such a star identity could prove to be his decline. Similarly films made on the likes of Shobhraj etc, may send a wrong message to the youth thinking that a wrongdoing in a horrific manner may make them famous and grant a star status so committing crimes is okay. Not really a sign of emancipated and educated lot!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

If no harm is going to come by exhaustively reading about them how seeing a movie on them will cause harm. Also the contention that movies glorifying Osama or Dawood wall be made is totally wrong. Film makes are also responsible persons. Audiences are also mature. 

I think it depends on how the film is being treated by the maker. Like in MSdhoni, it limited itself to a certain part of his journey and came out to be inspiring for many without jeopardizing his current career. 

I will love to see a movie on Sachin Tendulkar, which I think is under making. It will be a good decision to make a movie while he is alive as we can even give him a tribute while he is still there. His career is over and he is still a role model to many.

I am waiting to see movie that is being made on Anna Hazare's life. It might give us some deeper insight into his life.

I do not think it is unhealthy as long as film makers make it in a good sense and stay away from glorifying the wrong. So it is the social responsibility of the film maker to make it in a good taste and not glorifying wrong.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Films on Dawood and Osama have been made in local languages also on Veerappan..there may be a few films makers who are socially aware but the majority only think of commercial success at any cost ..making a film on Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Bose etc has some dignity attached to it 

If the film makers stick to the fact then there would not be any harm in making biopics. But the fact is that in order to attract more audiences the film makers tend to make it very dramatic. Whether it was the biopics of Mary Kom, MS Dhoni or others the film makers had added scenes which had never taken place. Such things can be very  misleading.

Movies created on famous living persons should inspire and motivate the youth towards doing good deeds and achieving their career objectives in their lives. It should show the reality of the famous person of the fact that they worked hard to be where they are presently and it should send message to the youth that success can not be achieve if we sit and keep thinking about it. Something has to be done towards accomplishing the goal. The world's reality of how people try to pull you back from reaching success should also be shown in the movies and how work politics generates in the office when you start walking on the path of success. 

Like Jabeen rightly pointed out , most film makers would not want to make a dry documentary, rather would add on in the name of artistic liberties which can go to any extent..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.