Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Movies need to cater to a huge audience belonging to different sections of the society and having varied interests. No film-maker would like to loose his money, so basically he tries to include a little bit of everything, so it has some content which caters to all the sections of the society. Its a delicate balance, cant blame him. You can expect him to do moral policing when his crores are at stake.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

There has been movies made as biopic and there has been movies made from inspiration or parallel to a real life hero. I remember"Aandhi" starring Sanjeev Kumar and Suchitra sen drew some parallels between Indira Gandhi and Feroz Gandhi stressed relationships and was a controversial movie of its time facing political opposition

Aandhi, i have seen it.  Of course, the movie created a controversy. Suchitra's and Sanjeev Kumar's histrionic talents are at their peak

The songs were also melodious. Still now enjoy listening songs from that movie.

Coming back to the topic, I don't think the audiences are going to believe if the hero starts flying or jumping from one building to another, sing or dance around. But when making biopic film makers adds, ' believable dramatic scenes'. It becomes difficult for the audiences to differentiate which are facts & which are fiction. So I don't think we should be calling the audiences stupid. 

Aandhi was the masterpiece of Gulzar. It was a perfect movie all along. Songs, Terebina zindagi Se, Tum aagaye ho noor aagaya are some of the great songs composed by Rahuldev Burman still ringing in my ears.

jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:

If the film makers stick to the fact then there would not be any harm in making biopics. But the fact is that in order to attract more audiences the film makers tend to make it very dramatic. Whether it was the biopics of Mary Kom, MS Dhoni or others the film makers had added scenes which had never taken place. Such things can be very  misleading.

Film making is also a business so film makers added some scenes to create some drama and emotions.

That is fine but many of the audience watching these movies are the fans of these celebrities and tend to believe them. They are going to beieve everything shown in the biopics are true since it has the approval of the celebritie

agreed, Here in my area one saint, Ram Rahim Gurmeet Singh is very popular and have lacs of followers. In these day he is producing films and also doing acting in these films. These films are big hits only because of his followers. Other person don't like to watch these movies.

Arunima Singh wrote:

There has been movies made as biopic and there has been movies made from inspiration or parallel to a real life hero. I remember"Aandhi" starring Sanjeev Kumar and Suchitra sen drew some parallels between Indira Gandhi and Feroz Gandhi stressed relationships and was a controversial movie of its time facing political opposition

It was banned by the Congress government and apparently Gulzar had to make many changes before it was allowed to be released. Indira Gandhi was an autocratic leader ! However,  a movie like Neerja had some message showing the supreme sacrifice made by an airhostess . But what msg do others give ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Aandhi was not based on Indira Gandhi's life. However the look of the heroine was made similar to her and that was a reason for drawing such conclusion. Yes in the dark days of emergency it was banned but later on went to became a hit also due to its songs.

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

It was banned by the Congress government and apparently Gulzar had to make many changes before it was allowed to be released. Indira Gandhi was an autocratic leader ! However,  a movie like Neerja had some message showing the supreme sacrifice made by an airhostess . But what msg do others give ?

Gulzar did't make any change, Indira herself permit to release this film. And if you watch this movie that you will notice that it is not inspired from Indira Gandhi's life.

All movies are not for giving message.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Gulzar did't make any change, Indira herself permit to release this film. And if you watch this movie that you will notice that it is not inspired from Indira Gandhi's life.

Movies in general are meant for entertainment. But if a Movie can give a message along with entertainment, there will be nothing like it.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Please go through this ( from wikipedia )

The movie was not allowed a full release when Mrs. Gandhi was in power. The film was banned during the national emergency of 1975 a few months after its release. The ban immediately made the film a national topic.[3] After her defeat in the 1977 national elections, the ruling Janata Party cleared it and had it premiered on the state-run television channel.[4] It proved to be an important film in the career of Sen, and also her last Hindi film, as she retired from films altogether in 1978.[3] At the 23rd Filmfare Awards, she was nominated for Filmfare Best Actress Award, while Sanjeev Kumar won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor. The film itself won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Movie.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

So what is your conclusion. It is agreed that it was not based on Indies, yes it was banned but was re-released as a member sats by Indira's intervention.So what is the purpose of bringing Wikipedia. 

Well the member is obviously wrong although it may suit your perception since the film was never released during her tenure but during Janata party's rule ..check your facts before trying to correct me 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.