Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

In my opinion instead of age being lowered or increased, Alcohol should be banned and strictly adhered to the rule. I'm not sure if this rule can strictly adhered to. Because alcohol selling will generate quite a good revenue.to the State's exchequer.

I am agree with you alcohol should be banned. A country where more than 50% population is BPL, spending money by this class of peoples on alcohol is injustice with their families.

A total ban would be counter productive since it gives rise to black market and other spurious ways of liquor sale . It can have its own repercussions and anyway banning is never a solution !

Other opiate like cokine, smake are banned but peoples are still using these. So it is fair to lift bane on these?

This might shock you but there are some European countries where drug ban has been completely lifted because they expect people to be responsible about what they want to do with their lives and the drug consumption level has come down in paces like Holland after they lifted the ban. It is a matter of demand and supply, the more supply less demand !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The age limits are for legal issues. However, we know in reality people have abused the restriction and boozed. One can get addicted to it at any age. Young people try it out of curiosity, adventure and peer pressure. So an awareness of it as a health hazard is essential in a society.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

In my opinion instead of age being lowered or increased, Alcohol should be banned and strictly adhered to the rule. I'm not sure if this rule can strictly adhered to. Because alcohol selling will generate quite a good revenue.to the State's exchequer.

I am agree with you alcohol should be banned. A country where more than 50% population is BPL, spending money by this class of peoples on alcohol is injustice with their families.

A total ban would be counter productive since it gives rise to black market and other spurious ways of liquor sale . It can have its own repercussions and anyway banning is never a solution !

You are absolutely right on that. In Manipur, selling of liquor has been banned for many years now. However it doesn't stop people from consuming local made liquor. Some also get it from other sources such as army personals who are entitled to certain numbers every month. Now and then the locality club members and women volunteers from locality would go for drive against such selling of intoxicants but ve not really been successful

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You are absolutely right on that. In Manipur, selling of liquor has been banned for many years now. However it doesn't stop people from consuming local made liquor. Some also get it from other sources such as army personals who are entitled to certain numbers every month. Now and then the locality club members and women volunteers from locality would go for drive against such selling of intoxicants but ve not really been successful

A total ban may never be possible, if the consumption levels come down it shows that the ban is working or else it may become counter productive. It only gives rise to black market and  increased prices for liquor also smuggling from other states where it is freely available.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You can get liqour in states where prohibition exists whenever you want it. Bans do not work at all. Why waste time. Creating awareness is important.

You can get liqour in states where prohibition exists whenever you want it. Bans do not work at all. Why waste time. Creating awareness is important.

Absolutely ! Once there is awareness people automatically decide for themselves as to  what is good for them and how far they are willing to indulge . Sticking to Social drinking too comes after a person reaches a certain amount of maturity in thought because they are able to restrict their consumption !

I totally agree that awareness works better than restrictions and ban. Every legal restriction has loop and hole and people escape through it in illegal ways. Only awareness and waking the consciousness works.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

How can a total ban exist when drinking locally made liquor is a part of culture and even religious rituals in many places? Most of the tribes in India make their own alcoholic beers from rice, Mahua flowers etc. And drinking alcohol is something that people consider to be their right and a way of relaxing. Instead of prohibiting, what can be done is to make them more aware of pros and cons related to drinking and offer more safer alternatives. Where people don't get safe quality alcohol, they will consume poisonous country liquor, it happens more where a ban is imposed.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In my opinion instead of banning it or imposing age limits efforts should be made to spread awareness of the side effects. And the glorification of smoking and liquor should be stopped. Like showing it in movies and TV, it sends wrong signals to the younger generation. Also efforts need to be made such that this message is not preachy and reaches the maximum people. Today we have a scenario where even school going kids think boozing is the in-thing, which is a very sorry state. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.