Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Babu saroj wrote:

I was thinking if this is possible then what growing a heavy tree without soil will be possible, no one knows what can happen.at what situation.

I don't think its possible to grow heavy trees on medium which doesn't have any soil. As apart from providing nutrients soil also give the needed structural support to the plants.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Here too coconut husk has been traditionally used for growing plants but its limited to growing only varieties of orchids. Its said that orchids grown on coconut husk grow better than those grown in soil

It does make sense because coconut husk holds more moisture than soil does.

True, I have a couple of orchids growing in a pot filled with layers of coconut husk, charcoal pieces and some powdered brick  ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Here too coconut husk has been traditionally used for growing plants but its limited to growing only varieties of orchids. Its said that orchids grown on coconut husk grow better than those grown in soil

True, I have a couple of orchids growing in a pot filled with layers of coconut husk, charcoal pieces and some powdered brick  ..

Not only coconut husk all husk hold more moisture than soil. Here husk of rice and wheat are using to control vapooration of water.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Not only coconut husk all husk hold more moisture than soil. Here husk of rice and wheat are using to control vapooration of water.

Yes here too we use paddy husk to grow mushrooms and also spread it around plants that need more water. Paddy husk can also be mixed with part soil and manure and used as potting soil

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Yes here too we use paddy husk to grow mushrooms and also spread it around plants that need more water. Paddy husk can also be mixed with part soil and manure and used as potting soil

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

One can grow mushrooms only using husks, it may be of rice or wheat. To grow mushroom husk fill ups in polytheen begs and compressed pits of husk is used,

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

One can grow mushrooms only using husks, it may be of rice or wheat. To grow mushroom husk fill ups in polytheen begs and compressed pits of husk is used,

A relative of mine and a farmer who lives in a village near my place often used to say he uses husks of rice for a high yield. In AP rice is the main crop. Using husks of rice is more profitable for farmers.

Rice husk cannot be used in rice cultivation , it can be used only for other flower and vegetable plants . Rice crop needs standing g water all through its cultivation

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.