The topic is locked.

He infuses life into the Dead wood.

Here are the Wooden  Wonders of Artist Sanyasi Rao. Have a look

http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/art/Wooden-wonders/article16999898.ece

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Amazing art and amazing

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Sanyasi Rao, a carpenter by day and an artist by night, fits between these two roles with effortless ease. A  creative genius indeed !!!

There is just one image from what I can see ..Rambabus above response is straight copy paste from the article ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The link has given only one wood work. It is about a drunkard. The title is " Mattulo Manishi ". That is enough to gauze the artistic talent.

If anyone wants to see what real amazing and unique talent looks like, check this out

http://woodcarving.com.ua/photo/

It is a Russian wood carving artist's webpage - Vladimir Rusinov.

I agree that Rao's efforts are commendable but it is mediocre art and not unique or amazing in any way. I think it is time to start recognizing 'real' talent from mediocre, only then the people can have and recognize works of real quality.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: jabeen, usha manohar

Sanyasi Rao' s  wood carving that depicted the the evils of alcohol is really commendable. It won him the State award in wood carving craft..While working on such  themes, it is not a problem. But while working on Portraits, it is highly essential to bring out likeness and resemblance of the concerned subject. For example, in the  wood carving of Mother Theresa any one can recognize the Mother.

On the whole, Sanyasi Rao is really talented in the art of wood craft.

Thank you for giving the link of Russian wood carving artist.I look into it.

Amazing one how did you get to know about this sir, its really beautiful and mesmerizing to see.

sdfafa

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

If anyone wants to see what real amazing and unique talent looks like, check this out

http://woodcarving.com.ua/photo/

It is a Russian wood carving artist's webpage - Vladimir Rusinov.

I agree that Rao's efforts are commendable but it is mediocre art and not unique or amazing in any way. I think it is time to start recognizing 'real' talent from mediocre, only then the people can have and recognize works of real quality.

Vladimir s carvings are truly beautiful , so very intricate in detail .. Amazing!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Yes. I have seen the wood carvings of Vladimir Rusinov. They are really mind boggling especially  Lioness on hunt , Judgement day to name a few.

Now Sanyasi Rao should aim to reach the standard of  the wood carvings of Vladimir Rusinov.

How these people indulge so much in the their art forms that they can do anything, its very difficult for the normal person to do it, it really needs a good gift.

sdfafa

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.