Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Reading is not a mandatory mark of intelligence.Some people have very vast knowledge but they lack intelligence to use that knowledge in proper way.Intelligence is a skill to use smartly your knowledge which is obviously acquired by reading.

Intelligence is also the capacity to use ones common sense to ones advantage. However, reading can and does enhance ones intelligence..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I always believe that reading of any kind is very important to gain knowledge but for me that very person is intelligent who puts his/her acquired knowledge from reading into a practical use. What's the value of that knowledge which cannot be used practically when one requires it the most. It actually leads everything to zero and spoils everything at the end. Thuss, such a person is not intelligent. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I always believe that reading of any kind is very important to gain knowledge but for me that very person is intelligent who puts his/her acquired knowledge from reading into a practical use. What's the value of that knowledge which cannot be used practically when one requires it the most. It actually leads everything to zero and spoils everything at the end. Thuss, such a person is not intelligent. 

I agree that a balance is important . At times everyday problems need common sense which is not strictly book knowledge ..I remember an old story I read about a brilliant professor who sat reading in a room flooded with water and when his wife came home and asked what he was doing, he is supposed to have said , he was trying to stop the water..she went and turned the valve off and cleared the drain hole and the professor was left scratching his head.May be exaggerated but what is important is practical knowledge 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Came across this quote. ..

Perhaps the less we have, the more we are required to brag.

learning new things expands your knowledge whether you read it in a book, listen to podcast, watch a video or experience things yourself.  However, reading gives you an edge over the other medium. you can refine and and choose the stuff you want to know about of the time you want to devote it to.

While reading helps you grow, it could also make you a dreamer and an unsociable person, as long as an individual is able to draw the line ..

I read a lot on Yoga. The knowledge thus acquired by reading  the Books on yoga, I use it by regularly performing Yoga Asanas. That is what I read is applied in the real life

mohan manohar wrote:

General perception is that the people who read much tends to be intelligent. Which could be true or false as the term and the factors of intelligences seems to be good for some one and seems to be idiotic in senses. It is more of a comparable and situational term. Reading proves to be exercise of bring and it is the approximate for every person as the fruitfulness of reading cold fetch large dividend to some one where as it could provide lesser increment of knowledge to some other. 

That is true to a great extent..

Just reading a lot is not enough. One should understand  and  spread wnat you read and help those who are really in need of knowledge.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.