Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

Everyone in the above comments have mentioned the social and economic conditions of women in majority. Lots of measures are being announced by government for the improvement. I just want everyone to ponder over the thought.. women are half the vote pool in the country. But still netas fearlessly make misogynistic comments. They are cautious while talking of issues like religion, reservation, caste etc.. because they fear to loose votes. So even women are not taken as serious voters.

That's exactly what I tend to think that no matter how educated a woman is , most of our men both educated and even the so called progressive tend to take women lightly.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is true that in our country women are not given equal rights, they are not treated equal to men. But now the situation is improving, now you can see women are taking part in wrestling, kabaddi and such other games, which were once only sought for men. But this is only in the initial stage, we  have to go far.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

It is true that in our country women are not given equal rights, they are not treated equal to men. But now the situation is improving, now you can see women are taking part in wrestling, kabaddi and such other games, which were once only sought for men. But this is only in the initial stage, we  have to go far.

Good to know that the condition of the women in India is improving. But earlier also women were taking part in those Sports and Games which were exclusively meant for men

@ Manoj Kumar ..

There is definitely a change but there is also a section of the society that prefers to keep women in bondage for their own selfish reasons and use them.to their advantage. Women still don't get equal pay in many places inspite of putting in the same amount of work..

. But earlier also women were taking part in those Sports and Games which were exclusively meant for men

@ rambabu, can you please let us know some of the games and sports played earlier by women that were exclusively meant for women..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

@ Manoj Kumar ..

There is definitely a change but there is also a section of the society that prefers to keep women in bondage for their own selfish reasons and use them.to their advantage. Women still don't get equal pay in many places inspite of putting in the same amount of work..

. But earlier also women were taking part in those Sports and Games which were exclusively meant for men

@ rambabu, can you please let us know some of the games and sports played earlier by women that were exclusively meant for women..

I said exclusively for men. Kabaddi was once exclusively for men . Now in Asian Games there is women Championship for  Kabaddi, Kho kho to name a few.

Kabbadi was already mentioned by Manoj in his post nd as far as Kho kho is concerned it was being played even during my mother's school days, may be you are not aware of it..

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Everyone in the above comments have mentioned the social and economic conditions of women in majority. Lots of measures are being announced by government for the improvement. I just want everyone to ponder over the thought.. women are half the vote pool in the country. But still netas fearlessly make misogynistic comments. They are cautious while talking of issues like religion, reservation, caste etc.. because they fear to loose votes. So even women are not taken as serious voters.

That's exactly what I tend to think that no matter how educated a woman is , most of our men both educated and even the so called progressive tend to take women lightly.

It's not only in India, but even in most developed countries, women still are  second class citizens. US has voted for Trump, a misogynist which indicates to a great extent that even the most developed country does not care about women much

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

It's not only in India, but even in most developed countries, women still are  second class citizens. US has voted for Trump, a misogynist which indicates to a great extent that even the most developed country does not care about women much

May be so to a certain extent because Trumps jokes were the the kind that was meant to titilate the crowds but he still managed to get votes. However, in reality the laws of most western countries are very fair and women have no problem unlike here.One of my far relatives went through a bad marriage and finally it ended in a divorce and I was surprised to hear that she got 50% of everything , this inspite of her not having worked or earned there. The judge apparently asked about her daily routine and gave points for all that she was contributing in the way of housework and all that it involves. They at least respect that ..

Situation is changing, but is not possible 100% change in few years. Every society have some system in our society men are supiror than women.

If I take my own example then I can say that though as freelance online writer my earning is not that much which can be of any help in maintaining my family, still enjoy all round respect. It's so meager but fortunately I enjoy the privilege of having say in decision making because my husband believes in discussion with me and final decision is made accordingly. Sadly speaking the majority of women do not enjoy this right. It definitely needs to change then only our society will be in true sense a progressive one.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.