Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

If I take my own example then I can say that though as freelance online writer my earning is not that much which can be of any help in maintaining my family, still enjoy all round respect. It's so meager but fortunately I enjoy the privilege of having say in decision making because my husband believes in discussion with me and final decision is made accordingly. Sadly speaking the majority of women do not enjoy this right. It definitely needs to change then only our society will be in true sense a progressive one.

You are right majority of women are have not any right tho give suggestion on any issue about family even about her self. It is because here in our society men have supriorty complex.

The so called legal rights remain largely on papers and most women find that they are fighting against a male dominated system which wants to keep her in her place , which is preferably within the four walls ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The so called legal rights remain largely on papers and most women find that they are fighting against a male dominated system which wants to keep her in her place , which is preferably within the four walls ..

Laws exist but do not get executed. The mindset of the men has to change or else the condition of the majority of the Indian women will remain unchanged. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Laws exist but do not get executed. The mindset of the men has to change or else the condition of the majority of the Indian women will remain unchanged. 

It is also the mindset of women who have been conditioned by the society that they shd remain one step behind their men. I still hear of parents say that giving higher education to daughters may later create problems in finding a groom for her. So the emphasis is on marriage , not the total development of the daughter and encouraging her to go all out to achieve..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It is also the mindset of women who have been conditioned by the society that they shd remain one step behind their men. I still hear of parents say that giving higher education to daughters may later create problems in finding a groom for her. So the emphasis is on marriage , not the total development of the daughter and encouraging her to go all out to achieve..

Very true. I still remember on the first day of my engg. college a teacher asked us where we want to be in the next 5 years, one girl actually said she wanted to married. Goes on to show the mindset. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Marriage is no doubt a part of life but ladies need not hold themselves back simply to fit into the society's idea of an ideal wife material. I know of several highly educated women who married and gave up their jobs but later are now regretting having done so . It is not easy to start over after having given up since things would have changed drastically since the time they left . 

It would take a long time when both men and women will be treated equally. Men are happy to talk about progress as long as women are one step behind.

Women in northeast enjoy better position in society as compared to many other regions in India as they are allowed to pursue higher education or earn her own living and often participate actively in many social activities. But even they don't enjoy equal rights as men. In fact, right now there is unrest in Nagaland on the issue of 33% reservation for women in civic polls

jabeen wrote:

It would take a long time when both men and women will be treated equally. Men are happy to talk about progress as long as women are one step behind.

Women in northeast enjoy better position in society as compared to many other regions in India as they are allowed to pursue higher education or earn her own living and often participate actively in many social activities. But even they don't enjoy equal rights as men. In fact, right now there is unrest in Nagaland on the issue of 33% reservation for women in civic polls

I was reading about it yesterday, men cannot give even that and it is not even equal at 50 percent ..I remember once Lalu speaking about his wife Rabri becoming the CM that she will do as he says being an obedient wife ! Of course not much can be expected from an illiterate person like Rabri but is Lalu any better ?

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I was reading about it yesterday, men cannot give even that and it is not even equal at 50 percent ..I remember once Lalu speaking about his wife Rabri becoming the CM that she will do as he says being an obedient wife ! Of course not much can be expected from an illiterate person like Rabri but is Lalu any better ?

Not only in our country, but in most of the countries women are not treated equal to men. Initiatives are being taken in many countries to bring equality between men and women, but it take time. Also the inequality between men and women in cases is due to religious beliefs, so in that case it seems very difficult for women being treated equal to men. 

http://www.comparenshop.in

Religion is based on inequality between sexes since the very concept of religion was created by men.. It is credible that some women have risen  inspite of these shackles placed around them.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.