Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In this context I do agree that women are also responsible for the suffering of their own clan. Those women who had missed the bus and got exploited in every sense usually want the young females to tread the same path. The senior ladies must have the guts to break the shackles for the young ones so that they can pave the road to success and happiness.  

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

It would take a long time when both men and women will be treated equally. Men are happy to talk about progress as long as women are one step behind.

Women in northeast enjoy better position in society as compared to many other regions in India as they are allowed to pursue higher education or earn her own living and often participate actively in many social activities. But even they don't enjoy equal rights as men. In fact, right now there is unrest in Nagaland on the issue of 33% reservation for women in civic polls

I was reading about it yesterday, men cannot give even that and it is not even equal at 50 percent ..I remember once Lalu speaking about his wife Rabri becoming the CM that she will do as he says being an obedient wife ! Of course not much can be expected from an illiterate person like Rabri but is Lalu any better ?

If I am not mistaken similar thoughts were shared by Mohan Anand Singh who is imprisoned for various crime. Once he remarked that if his wife is elected, it is same as his being elected. What's so shocking is his wife is an educated person, unlike Rabri. And there are few other women politicians who are nothing more than their husband's mouthpiece.

Well, these things have come to public forum and are being discussed. In our day to day life, many highly educated well earning wives don't go against their husbands and suppress their desires

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Well, these things have come to public forum and are being discussed. In our day to day life, many highly educated well earning wives don't go against their husbands and suppress their desires

Very true ! In this context most men resent giving equal rights to women , even the highly educated ones. One of my friends who is a social worker had accompanied a married woman who had been abandoned by her husband and seeking maintenance, at the family court. Apparently , on between cases the judge was telling the lawyers that women are having far too many rights and they need to be curbed. As expected , the lady in question was denied maintenance inspite of her having a meagre income and two children to take care of..No wonder ladies get no justice in the court of law when you have judged with such a feudal mentality. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Very true ! In this context most men resent giving equal rights to women , even the highly educated ones. One of my friends who is a social worker had accompanied a married woman who had been abandoned by her husband and seeking maintenance, at the family court. Apparently , on between cases the judge was telling the lawyers that women are having far too many rights and they need to be curbed. As expected , the lady in question was denied maintenance inspite of her having a meagre income and two children to take care of..No wonder ladies get no justice in the court of law when you have judged with such a feudal mentality. 

In educated class, females bear domestic violence and abuse silently. My maid suffers such violence everyday but she is strong enough to slap her husband back if he hits her. She once pushed him so hard that he suffered fracture. She had no regret for pushing him though later she took care of him. So at times I feel that she is more liberated than educated class

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I don't know I should write this comment or not because I am certain that many of you may dislike it because it may hurt the sentiment. In India certain festivals such as Karwa Chouth, Teej and some more are all done for the well being of the husbands by their wives. Is there any such festival in which husbands fast for the well being of their wives? I am not aware. With such festivals the mood of a family is set. It says men are superior and naturally in terms of law too women are the ignored lot.  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I don't know I should write this comment or not because I am certain that many of you may dislike it because it may hurt the sentiment. In India certain festivals such as Karwa Chouth, Teej and some more are all done for the well being of the husbands by their wives. Is there any such festival in which husbands fast for the well being of their wives? I am not aware. With such festivals the mood of a family is set. It says men are superior and naturally in terms of law too women are the ignored lot.  

I agree , it is all about pampering the male ego and putting him on a pedestal.

Our governmental policies too are made to cater to these sentiments. Married ladies cannot sell a property nor mortgage it without their husbands consent even if they are earning . They are not granted a visa to travel abroad unless husband gives a letter of consent ! I sincerely hope that the present government puts an end to this ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Our governmental policies too are made to cater to these sentiments. Married ladies cannot sell a property nor mortgage it without their husbands consent even if they are earning . They are not granted a visa to travel abroad unless husband gives a letter of consent ! I sincerely hope that the present government puts an end to this .

This is ridiculous. All the rules signify the suppression of women. I feel the women organisations must raise voice against these rules or else nothing will change for the better. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Our governmental policies too are made to cater to these sentiments. Married ladies cannot sell a property nor mortgage it without their husbands consent even if they are earning . They are not granted a visa to travel abroad unless husband gives a letter of consent ! I sincerely hope that the present government puts an end to this .

This is ridiculous. All the rules signify the suppression of women. I feel the women organisations must raise voice against these rules or else nothing will change for the better. 

The very fact that women need reservations of 33 percent and most of the time ladies, representation stands at as low as 10-15 percent shows how very male dominated our society is. In Kohima there has been widespread looting and violence because of this. 

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The very fact that women need reservations of 33 percent and most of the time ladies, representation stands at as low as 10-15 percent shows how very male dominated our society is. In Kohima there has been widespread looting and violence because of this. 

Reservation laws are only in pen and paper. It always gets misused and those who have power take advantage of it. This is the reason why in India the women and the downtrodden do not progress.    

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.