Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Women have equal rights but in practice men are able to deny these. So women have to fight it out.

Yes. Its a male dominated society. Men take the women for granted. That is why women have to fight for their rights

usha manohar wrote:
Abhishek Sharma wrote:

In my opinion, the situation has drastically changed. Rather it has almost reversed. Maybe not as much in political matters,  but in daily life, a woman has equal say as men do (sometimes even more). Now this might sound absurd,  but the very fact that they were oppressed and dominated by men in the past leads people to discriminate and form bias against men today. There have been many cases where women have slammed false charges of indecency or rape on innocent men and the world believes them because after all they were once 'oppressed'. So naturally they must be right. Its the sad truth which is seen mostly in cities. 

I agree with that..I too know of many women who manipulate the laws to their advantage which s not at all fair! Rights are different to demands .. However, I seriously doubt if they are able to get their way when it is done with the intention of causing humiliation and pain. 

Having said that it is still a man's world and word in majority households where men control and dominate women.

It's a fact that false cases are very rampant these days and men are facing trouble and humiliation of a great extent but side by side we cannot overlook that there are unlimited number of families who suppress the daughters-in-law emotionally, physically and financially. I know many such cases. Actually, I feel the fault lies in the thought process of those men and women who get oppressed and harassed by their counter parts. They always try to settle the issues softly and decently but the problem creators take the advantage of their decency. From the very beginning such cases on either side should be dealt with certain severity.    

shampasaid

Re: In a so called democracy do indian women have any rights ?

by  » 18 hours ago

It's a fact that false cases are very rampant these days and men are facing trouble and humiliation of a great extent but side by side we cannot overlook that there are unlimited number of families who suppress the daughters-in-law emotionally, physically and financially. I know many such cases. Actually, I feel the fault lies in the thought process of those men and women who get oppressed and harassed by their counter parts. They always try to settle the issues softly and decently but the problem creators take the advantage of their decency. From the very beginning such cases on either side should be dealt with certain severity.   

It is not easy to change mindsets since it takes several generations to do that. In the mean time it is imperative that people , both men and women realise and understand that rights come with responsibilities and cannot be misused to harrass others !

vijay wrote:

Women have equal rights but in practice men are able to deny these. So women have to fight it out.

Yes. Its a male dominated society. Men take the women for granted. That is why women have to fight for their rights..

One more parrot post just for points ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Instead if starting a new thread on the very same subject I thought it is better to post this on my older thread ..

Our cities are supposed to be safe and modern but going by what happened to a single lady in Hyderabad one need to really wonder which age we are living in. Honestly this shows the typical mindset of a Indian male which may never change for the better ! 

http://theladiesfinger.com/goibibo-hotel-single-women/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Instead if starting a new thread on the very same subject I thought it is better to post this on my older thread ..

Our cities are supposed to be safe and modern but going by what happened to a single lady in Hyderabad one need to really wonder which age we are living in. Honestly this shows the typical mindset of a Indian male which may never change for the better ! 

But that's ridiculous!!!! I mean I find it hard to believe that a hotel would refuse accommodation only because she is a single lady. How does her marital status affect the hotel?? But its true that in many places landowners don't rent their houses to single ladies and gents as they believe most of them don't behave in a responsible manner. But hotels are different.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

But that's ridiculous!!!! I mean I find it hard to believe that a hotel would refuse accommodation only because she is a single lady. How does her marital status affect the hotel?? But its true that in many places landowners don't rent their houses to single ladies and gents as they believe most of them don't behave in a responsible manner. But hotels are different.

It is the feudal mindset of the majority of Indians. Do you know ladies cannot travel  alone out of India without obtaining permission from either their father,employer or husband . This restriction is made by the Indian authorities who need to first give the go ahead signal for foreign embassies for visas to be processed here. 

Indian women have rights in our country. Our Democracy has provided them few rights, not all the rights. They need to be provided with all the rights as early as possible.

In remote villages, women have been continuously ignored from their rights.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.