Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Any food item that tastes good is my weakness but sweet dishes score a little more in respect to any tasty dish. I just love them and I fail to resist myself from eating.

From what I have heard Bengalis start their day with a sweet dish...am I right ? and with all  those mouthwatering variety of Bengali sweets how can one resist ?

No, not exactly but yes, the majority of Bengalis are sweet lovers, fish and other non-veg items. It will be better to say that Bengalis are extremely foodie. In Delhi I really miss the sweets of Bengal. Here too there are some tasty sweets but somehow that Bengali flavour is missing. It makes me yearn for more. 

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I am a foodie and love eating vegetarian food. I have a special liking for sweets- barfi, jalebi, kheer and so on. Inspite of knowing that I am in danger of suffering from diabetes, I can't resist them. Though I try to limit eating them as my mother is a diabetic patient. And I also have a weakness for tea.

Don't worry too much since Diabetes skips one generation...What is important is enjoying the food you like and remaining active rather than sit and analyse it's nutrition blah blah..

Didn't know that diabetes skips a generation. Then its a good news for me. I am normally very active and in fact am workaholic. I hardly get time to sit down idly.

it seems most of the members here has liking for sweet food..

Not just here, the world over people love sweets .. Austria is known as the pastry capital of Europe because of the many varieties of cheesecakes and a mind boggling variety of desserts available there which goes to show how people love to eat sweets any time of the day , after meals or before meals , does not really matter !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Not just here, the world over people love sweets .. Austria is known as the pastry capital of Europe because of the many varieties of cheesecakes and a mind boggling variety of desserts available there which goes to show how people love to eat sweets any time of the day , after meals or before meals , does not really matter !

Yes I have read about it. I once had the pleasure of eating apple strudel, I think it is from Austria, isn't it? I am totally in love with the delicious pie!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Some of the best sweet foodscIvhad were in Varanasi. Wonderful spread they have.

vijay wrote:

Some of the best sweet foodscIvhad were in Varanasi. Wonderful spread they have.

in Tirupati the famous pilgrim center , the Tirupati Devasthanam prepares a preparation known as  Chitrannam. It is really tasty.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes I have read about it. I once had the pleasure of eating apple strudel, I think it is from Austria, isn't it? I am totally in love with the delicious pie!

I think strudel originated in Austria but those days Hungary, Austria and Germany formed one empire so all can take equal credit for the dish ..I too love it , so flaky and buttery !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No life becomes respectable if it lacks sweetness.so is the case with any type of meal. It remains incomplete without any sweetmeat. Usually, people prefer to relish a sweet dish after a sumptuous meal and that's the greatness of sweets.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

No life becomes respectable if it lacks sweetness.so is the case with any type of meal. It remains incomplete without any sweetmeat. Usually, people prefer to relish a sweet dish after a sumptuous meal and that's the greatness of sweets.

It is said that eating sweets after a sumptuous meal helps in digestion and absorption of certain types of proteins. It also releases enzymes that cause one to feel good.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.