Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My mother is inspirational for me.. Her words and thoughts inspire me all the time.. She says 'god is always with us, you just do the right thing in your life, god will support you , even if no one else supports you'. 

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I have often been inspired by outside sources. One such inspiration comes from one of my friend's word. She likes saying" when you point a finger at others, remember that three fingers point at you". Listening to her I think I have learn to be less judgemental. I always try to imagine myself in other people situation before passing judgement.

I was a student of Carmel School and there the Sisters (nuns) always preached us the minute aspect of pointing a finger towards others. It has really inspired me too. Thanks for writing about it which reminded me of my school days. 

I too can very well relate to both Jabeen and Shampa having heard this often during my growing years. Another very strong impact was my father who was very disciplined because of his army background and often told us children never to take anything for granted even when it looks as if things are 100 percent working your way. There is many a slip between the cup and the lip - used to be his favorite quote !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My mother used to appreciate the success of others very openly but was never vocal about the success of her own children. I have heard this story from my older siblings that one day my eldest brother, in his teens, questioned her that when her own children performed well then why didn't she praise openly as she did the same for other children. My mother replied that she wanted others to praise her children to feel immensely satisfied. She believed, praising her own children was to be boastful which she never liked to be. I follow this very deeply. I always feel if I become proud of my child's achievements then his achievement graph will get stagnant. It will not go higher further. I feel ecstatic, reward him and pray for him but if I start feeling proud then that very moment will be the beginning of his downfall. 

shampasaid

I know parents who can go on and on about their children whether they deserve such praise or not, and in my opinion it is always better to tone down rather than blowing your trumpet all the time be it with regard to your children or your own achievements ..

Some film scenes and songs too inspire you because of the impact they have made on you..The one that I have always found fascinating is a scene from the old film Dil Dekhe Dekho which I saw during my college days with friends. We were all totally in love with Shammi Kapoor those days and the song Hum aur tum aur yeh sama  kya nasha nasha sa hai was the ultimate in romance as far as we were considered.Even today it brings back lovely memories and I keep looking for that quality in other songs because of the inspiration I felt .In fact thgere are several such songs that tend to inspire and  bring a glow whenever you listen to them..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Usha's words reminded me of my father who is no more  but has remained the strongest inspiration of my life. He was from a paramilitary background and strictly followed a disciplined life. He also believed in doing his own works himself and was very neat and clean person.

I grew up in a big joint family with uncles, aunts and cousins. My parents were the eldest in the family. Both of them taught their children to share with everyone. As you know that sometimes we plan to gift our loved ones but fail to gift everyone together because of financial state. Both my parents had taught us to gift other members first and at the end to our own parents. I think it was a great inspiration that taught us to respect all the other elders equally. 

shampasaid

Like Jabeen said , Teaching children to be independent goes a long way in building a strong personality. My father too taught us to be independent right from childhood .

@ Shampa , sharing is caring and in today's self centered society , thoughts and actions of sharing and putting others before self is very essential , or else we would all be living individual walled existence.

usha manohar wrote:

Like Jabeen said , Teaching children to be independent goes a long way in building a strong personality. My father too taught us to be independent right from childhood .

@ Shampa , sharing is caring and in today's self centered society , thoughts and actions of sharing and putting others before self is very essential , or else we would all be living individual walled existence.

Yes, you are right @usha manohar. I really feel proud to be taught such wonderful lessons in life. My parents were simple people with extraordinary will power, extremely responsible and dutiful as well as tremendously caring. Due to such traits they were not only loved by the family members and relatives but by any person who came in contact with them. Though I can never match their ability still I try to follow what they taught their children through actions in their lifetime.    

shampasaid

Good teachers can inspire and change the thought process of a student, more so when the child is going astray. It happened when I was in high school when a class mate of mine got entangled with a boy known to be a bad lot and her parents were unable to convince her to break away . But our English teacher was able to make her realize the futility of it through talks to her as well as him and she slowly realized that he was not what she was given to understand. She is a very popular doctor in Bangalore now ..

Inspiration can come from any quarter. The only need is to understand, accept and abide by it. We come across many people who inspire us in many ways but usually we stand at the dead end and never desire to follow it. Once followed then life gets transformed for the better like the incident described by @usha manohar. Teachers who believe to educate their students not just academically but also to make them good human beings are great in every sense.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.