Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Our government is now trying to clean out the mess that India has become with clogged and filthy cities , stinking towns with garbage strewn all over the place etc..In Mangalore we have had many smaller organisations working towards this and they have inspired others too to take up the task of keeping the city streets and surroundings clean by acting like watchdogs to their own areas. Thankfully this has paid off and our city now has absolutely no open defecation nor any overflowing garbage dumps since it is collected every day ..There is a ladies organisation that is spreading awareness of growing plants wherever space is available which helps in preserving nature , also discourages people from using it to dump things..On the street I live all the residents have pooled in and grown trees by the road side and put up a couple of stone benches as well. Now we have a laundry man who keeps his cart and works from under one of the trees, also a tailor who sits under a tree with his machine and does repair jobs  earning his livelihood ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Well, I don't know how you all react on this but yes the Movie 3 Idiots made be what I am today. I have got immense confidence while seeing 3 idiots.

sdfafa

usha manohar wrote:

Our government is now trying to clean out the mess that India has become with clogged and filthy cities , stinking towns with garbage strewn all over the place etc..In Mangalore we have had many smaller organisations working towards this and they have inspired others too to take up the task of keeping the city streets and surroundings clean by acting like watchdogs to their own areas. Thankfully this has paid off and our city now has absolutely no open defecation nor any overflowing garbage dumps since it is collected every day ..There is a ladies organisation that is spreading awareness of growing plants wherever space is available which helps in preserving nature , also discourages people from using it to dump things..On the street I live all the residents have pooled in and grown trees by the road side and put up a couple of stone benches as well. Now we have a laundry man who keeps his cart and works from under one of the trees, also a tailor who sits under a tree with his machine and does repair jobs  earning his livelihood ..

What you write here is day time dream for my city. Its name in Ganganagar but indeed it Gandanagar. 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

What you write here is day time dream for my city. Its name in Ganganagar but indeed it Gandanagar. 

Sorry, I am deviating from the thread. It made me laugh when you  termed  Ganganagar as Gandanagar,

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Sorry, I am deviating from the thread. It made me laugh when you  termed  Ganganagar as Gandanagar,

Here Ganda mean dirty.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Here Ganda mean dirty.

I know the meaning of Ganda. That is why I laughed. Hindi Thoda Bahut Samjh sakta hoon.

Success in any field becomes an example usually for the young ones. They start dreaming to make it big one day either as sportsperson, singer, dancer, entrepreneur, scientist or master of any other field. Still, I would say when people become successful despite some physical challenges then they inspire very strongly. The medal winning para Olympians, Sudha Chandran, a dancer with artificial legs and so on inspire all.   

shampasaid

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

From my personal observation, unless there is a people's movement it is not possible for anything to change or improve. I guess even n your city this would happen, all that is required is a spark that sets off others .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In general the North Indian cities are far more dirties than South Indian cities but overall Indian cities continue to be dirty when compared with comparable population cities abroad. We have to accept the fact tat we lack civil sense. Does it need to be told that do not throw dirt everywhere except one's own house.

Even eastern part is also very dirty. Another thing I have noticed that the places where there is a temple, it is always in a very bad shape.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.