Yes, this topic is about Raja Ravi Ravi Varma, the unique Artist and was considered as one of the greatest Painters from the Indian soil.

Though he is not amidst us, his unique paintings will remain in our hearts for ever.

Have a look at his Paintings.

http://webneel.com/25-best-oil-paintings-raja-ravi-varma-18th-century-indian-traditional-paintings

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I listened name of Raja Ravi varma but first time I see his painting. From surname looking that he was North Indian, because Varma surname used in North. But he was from Kerla.

He is from Kerala I  am a great fan Of Ravi Verma.

Incredible one, all the women are really looking alive, the ornaments looks shining and alive too.

sdfafa

That is the greatness of Ravi Varma. All his paintings look very realistic. The color combination, shading, make those Paintings just like Photographs.

anil wrote:

I listened name of Raja Ravi varma but first time I see his painting. From surname looking that he was North Indian, because Varma surname used in North. But he was from Kerla.

Varma is not a common surname in Kerala since it was the name of a royal family and Raja Ravi Varma was part of the Travancore  Royal family .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Beautiful paintings! He was a great painter indeed.

shampasaid

I agree. It goes without saying, lot of hard work must have gone in creating these beautiful Paintings

rambabu wrote:

He is from Kerala I  am a great fan Of Ravi Verma.

You are also a artist, so it is natural that you are great fan of Raja Ravi verma.

Yes. I am an Amateurist Artist.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Varma is not a common surname in Kerala since it was the name of a royal family and Raja Ravi Varma was part of the Travancore  Royal family .

In north India verma surname is used by people who belongs from SC/ST. Here one community known as Kumhar. Profession of these are making soil pots. They used verma surname.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.