The World Radio Day is celebrated on 13 February every year.

Here are some delightful vintage snapshots from the Government archives

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2017/02/13/here-are-some-charming-vintage-photos-from-the-1950s-of-all-ind/?utm_hp_ref=in-homepage

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Beautiful snapshots , good old black and white pictures have a lot more depth and beauty in them..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You can see some old popular great people in these Radio Programmes. I remember my father used to say about Vanamala, a popular actress of that era

Oh!! I did not know that there is a day celebrated as World Radio Day. Lovely black and white lively pics!! Thanks for sharing.s 

Radio is a part of my growing years. In fact my mom and her radio were inseparable and still they are inseparable. That was the major source of entertainment and information as TV had not invaded lives 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I too a part of that Radio era. It was a luxury at one particular time. I remember those days of Binaca Geet Mala and the voice of Amin Sayani.

That's a beautiful collection of snap shots. It reminded me of my childhood. During those days radio was a very important medium of entertainment as there was no cable networks to provide 24hours entertainment program. I remember my parents waiting for songs on request type program which were broadcast every afternoon.

Until Television's arrival, Radio ruled the roost. I remember very well, how  I insisted  my father for buying  a radio. I think the first Radio we bought was National echo.

jabeen wrote:

That's a beautiful collection of snap shots. It reminded me of my childhood. During those days radio was a very important medium of entertainment as there was no cable networks to provide 24hours entertainment program. I remember my parents waiting for songs on request type program which were broadcast every afternoon.

I do miss those days ..It was the same with us , waking up to the tunes of Vande Mataram , because the first thing that came on after my parents woke up was the radio and listen to shubratri , a collection of beautiful old songs at night ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Old days will never be forgotten until Sir Rambabu is here in this site, thanks for all your new old things.

sdfafa

Jaymala, Binaca geet mala, fauzi bhaiyo ke liye...The list was endless. 

I remember my grandparents staying glued to the news. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Exactly. My father used to say about all those Radio programmes

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.