The topic is locked.

February 14 has become synonymous with love world  thanks to the media and here in India because of the overenthusiastic brigade that plays spoilsport ..It is also the day Patriots like Bhagat Singh , Sukhdev and Rajguru were hanged in 1931..So it is a day to remember the sacrifices made by some so that the rest of us can live and love ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Certainly a day to remember. Who can forget those martyrs who laid down their lives for the sake of this Country.

Now this year will also have the distinction of seeing the downfall of Sasikala through the supreme Court judgement.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Most people know this day as love day, and forgot sacrifice day, specially youth.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Make their souls rest in peace, I am a big fan of them and they are my role models, They are our real heroes.

sdfafa

It is all the hype of media and social network. The whole week goes in celebrating kiss day, rose day, hug day and Valentine's day.... Love should be celebrated around the year in all the cherished stolen moments. 

And for the brave hearts who sacrificed their lives for nation stay immortal in our hearts. Jai Hind

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I remember, the song from a movie, in which all the Brave hearts in chorus, Dum Nikle is Desh Ke quatir Bas itna arman Hain."

Just see, how they expressed thier love towards the Country

What irritates me is when the youths are busy in celebrating Valentine's Day, many of us start screaming against it and highlight the sacrifice of the patriots. In India Valentine's Day has become popular not so long ago but Bhagat Singh and others laid their lives for the country some hundred years ago. How many among us remembered these great patriots and paid homage to them on this day when we were young? Hardly a few, I suppose. We always try to prove that the present youths are wrong but that's not the case. It's just momentary. It is good that now we have started remembering the great souls and so as @usha manohar wrote that it's a day of love and sacrifice is very true. Ultimately, love is the main point because you see even our patriots sacrificed due to the love for their motherland.

shampasaid

Today is both the day of love and sacrifice but what is missing is the balance in celebrating any of these causes. what we see is too much consumerism and superficial physical attraction amongst young boys and girls in the name of celebrating true love, Boys that go out with certain girls are seen going with different ones the next year. It has been officially voiced by experts that there is a marked increase in cases of abortion in the weeks following this day. So where is true love? Not trying to sound cynical, but the only ones who profit from these rose, chocolate, teddy days etc culminating in the Valentines day, are the merchants.

So is the case with the martyrs who laid down their lives for us. Do we take even a few minutes out to tell stories of their heroic efforts to our children. Our school syllabus hardly covers their work in a few sentences and that too is taught quite mechanically by the teachers. Congressis are busy calling them wayward patriots and do not waste their words for them, while the others rise to their deeds only when the younger lot gets busy in celebrating their loves!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The youths who are celebrating today do not even know the real meaning of love. It's basically a fun time for them, a way to spend their time and waste parent's money. The youths can be properly channelized only when hype in the name of all these celebration gets curbed. Who is going to do so? Those who want to make huge profit will always encourage the celebration. Talking about our patriots I think neither way we are paying true respect to them. In mass scale no one ever bothered to remember the date of their supreme sacrifice and now by comparing the importance of their sacrifice with a sheer time pass event like Valentine's Day is literally very derogatory. They are above every trivial thing so let's remember them from the core of our heart and not just for the sake of saying. 

shampasaid

Here is my city in some school to day is celebrate parents day and they worship their parents. It is best one mode of celebrating day of love.

Usko Nhai Dekha Hamney Kabhi, Ai Man Teri Surat Se Alag Bagwan Ki Surat Kya Hogi

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.