The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:

Here is my city in some school to day is celebrate parents day and they worship their parents. It is best one mode of celebrating day of love.

Usko Nhai Dekha Hamney Kabhi, Ai Man Teri Surat Se Alag Bagwan Ki Surat Kya Hogi

well said.There is no difference between Parents and the God. They say MatruDevo Bhava, Pitru Devo Bhava

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Here is my city in some school to day is celebrate parents day and they worship their parents. It is best one mode of celebrating day of love.

Usko Nhai Dekha Hamney Kabhi, Ai Man Teri Surat Se Alag Bagwan Ki Surat Kya Hogi

well said.There is no difference between Parents and the God. They say MatruDevo Bhava, Pitru Devo Bhava

A country where mother father alike God, every day is day of love.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Today is both the day of love and sacrifice but what is missing is the balance in celebrating any of these causes. what we see is too much consumerism and superficial physical attraction amongst young boys and girls in the name of celebrating true love, Boys that go out with certain girls are seen going with different ones the next year. It has been officially voiced by experts that there is a marked increase in cases of abortion in the weeks following this day. So where is true love? Not trying to sound cynical, but the only ones who profit from these rose, chocolate, teddy days etc culminating in the Valentines day, are the merchants.

So is the case with the martyrs who laid down their lives for us. Do we take even a few minutes out to tell stories of their heroic efforts to our children. Our school syllabus hardly covers their work in a few sentences and that too is taught quite mechanically by the teachers. Congressis are busy calling them wayward patriots and do not waste their words for them, while the others rise to their deeds only when the younger lot gets busy in celebrating their loves!

If the martyrs other than a certain family and its followers are written about and celebrated , then some political storm is created like the other day opposition leader Kahrge's abuse calling the BJP workers dogs ..It is this one party that has completely driven away feelings of patriotism in the new generations , instead bringing  3 deadly Cs into their lives - Communalism,  Consumerism and Corruption !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Yes. Every day is a  Day of Love. There need no be Valentines Day.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Everyday cannot be celebrated as some or the other day. There is nothing wrong in taking one day out of the entire year and spending time with the person you love, but what is wrong is the manner in which every thing is done in excess nowadays. Valentines day is marked by excessive consumerism and half-witted attempts at so called love by kids who did not even understand what love is all about!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Everyday cannot be celebrated as some or the other day. There is nothing wrong in taking one day out of the entire year and spending time with the person you love, but what is wrong is the manner in which every thing is done in excess nowadays. Valentines day is marked by excessive consumerism and half-witted attempts at so called love by kids who did not even understand what love is all about!

Absolutely correct Kalyani. Being a mother myself I feel sick when in everything we try to bring in the parents. Love for the beloved and love for the parents are entirely distinct in nature. In every discussion we try to show our respect for our parents but there is no need for it. We all love our parents but why do we need to exaggerate our love for them when there is a need to express love for the sweetheart.     

shampasaid

@shampa.

Totally agree!! Love is pure and no two forms of love can be compared. Love for parents is as valuable as love for friends, family or beloved. Moreover love and respect is earned and not imposed on by the bonds of relationship. I know cases where children hate their parents and are in stress due to abusive parenting. 

I love my spouse as much as I love my children, my brother or my mom.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I feel that it also depends  entirety  on ones lifestyle and the atmosphere one is interacting in.  College students  these days are exposed to western ways and lifestyle. Valentines day is part of that culture and at that  stage of their life it becomes very important  for them to celebrate it like others do by gifting flowers and chocolates or whatever  to whoever they fancy.. I feel that it is part of growing  up and as they mature their priorities change.. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:

@shampa.

Totally agree!! Love is pure and no two forms of love can be compared. Love for parents is as valuable as love for friends, family or beloved. Moreover love and respect is earned and not imposed on by the bonds of relationship. I know cases where children hate their parents and are in stress due to abusive parenting. 

I love my spouse as much as I love my children, my brother or my mom.

@Arunima Singh

So true. I too have the same opinion. Either I love a particular person in my family or I don't love. Whom I love they all enjoy equal position. Whom I dislike they are not worthy of my love but I never fail in fulfilling my responsibilities. You see there are many sensible sons who try to keep a safe distance from parents when they find them to be abusive and not concerned about their daughter-in-law. Usually, the sons do perform all the responsibilities towards parents but regards for them takes a beating because of their ill nature.I don't think such parents deserve to be respected. Thus, love and respect for each other is mutual and it can be earned through affection only. No one can force it.How can parents be our valentine? I do not celebrate it and even do not support this exaggeration but still Valentine's Day is not Mother's or Father's Day.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.