Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We sometimes force feed one of my nieces who is 5 years by cajoling her to eat. She doesn't like to eat but play with our neighbour. The article mentions that we should let the child decides when she wants to and how much she wants to and we have done that too on one or two occasions but it ended disastrously as she would sleep without eating much and next day would wake up in bad mood due to hunger. So nowadays her mother feed her herself the amount she usually eats.

There is something called eating through senses, which involves a lot of other development in child. It goes a long run in building physical and emotional fitness of child. When we force feed a child we interfere with that development

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: rambabu

Agree with you. Force feeding may prove counter productive As far as possible parents should be patient allow the child to have its own eating habits for some time.the child,definitely will show good eating habits after some time.

It is very important for us as parents to recognise exactly when the child should be fed and how much and also help the child recognise these factors for himself. My friend's daughter is a health eater and when my friend prepares her favorite food, she has to keep an eye how much the girl eats and has to be stopped after a certain limit. Otherwise, the girl ends up overeating and falls sick the next day. While my son, no matter how much he likes something, will always stop after he has eaten the amount that he is used to. He usually eats one roti or paratha and no matter how much he likes a certain paratha, he will not eat one morsel beyond one paratha. So each child has his or her own limit and we should actually stop interfering when the kids sit down to eat and observe how much naturally and comfortably they can eat by themselves. That is their limit.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Please do not forget we all were children once.

Well all that is done to give their child a good diet so that he or she can be fit in every aspect of life.

sdfafa

I was reading other articles on the subject where the general opinion is that eating habits undergo changes in most cases unless the individual has been brought up in a  very rigid atmosphere. I feel that the more choices we give to our children the better eaters they become ..That has been the case with my children and my son , with time has also overcome his allergy to a great extent now..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ Usha. I totally agree that eating habits undergo changes. I have seen it with myself. I did not like sweets as a child and now I have got a sweet tooth and crave for it. I love bittergourds now though it was not my favorite in growing years

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I remember my mother was of the opinion that all the children must eat every food item those get cooked on a daily basis. The items we did not like were served in small quantity but if any of the child had any health issue caused by a particular food was never forced to eat. I used to vomit after eating a particular fish and so neither my mother nor others in the family forced me to eat it. At present, I do eat that fish without any health issue.So, I must say that though my mother taught us to eat every food item, never ever compelled us to eat if we were allergic to it which was a right attitude. We all must follow this attitude.

shampasaid

I never liked meat or for that matter chicken during my childhood and continue to be the same . But over a period of time I have developed a great liking for sea food .. Basically we need to evolve and not stay rigid with our choices which makes us healthier and more accommodating 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.