Superstition is defined as s widely held but irrational belief in supernatural influences, especially as leading to good or bad luck, or a practice based on such a belief. 

Some rationalists may term it as irrational beliefs that is unproven. It has been found that majority of the people in this world are superstitious. Their beliefs range depending on the region , customs and religious inclination. 

How superstitious are you ? If so have you tried to analyse or is it more to do with following age old custom s and beliefs ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, I am and not only I but I think that most of the member here in this site are because that's what a real Indian can be described of.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:

Yes, I am and not only I but I think that most of the member here in this site are because that's what a real Indian can be described of.

It is not just about India ..However you cannot speak for all the members here, since they have their own individual views on the subject. There is no definition for a real Indian with regard to superstition since it is found all over the world.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Without any if but I accepted that I am superstitious. Latest example of it is that I am searching boy for my daughter's marriage but I believed in horoscope match. I refuse some good offers for only reason that horoscope was not mathced. 

How planets million of miles away affect us is not clear but people are basically afraid and thus succumb to superstitions.

vijay wrote:

How planets million of miles away affect us is not clear but people are basically afraid and thus succumb to superstitions.

It is yours belief so you follow it. 

@anil, no doubt it is ones belief that makes us do certain things but what are these beliefs based on ? Is my question..

usha manohar wrote:

@anil, no doubt it is ones belief that makes us do certain things but what are these beliefs based on ? Is my question..

Base of these are our culture, tradition and sacraments. Tell me any religion, cast or group 

which have not all these.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Base of these are our culture, tradition and sacraments. Tell me any religion, cast or group 

which have not all these.

I already mentioned that iny post that superstitious beliefs are found all over the world regardless of religion. But personally speaking , is it not natural to be curious and try to look for some explanation behind any belief.. at least with regard to certain beliefs I am sure there is valid reason ..

I am superstitious.But will not dis respect those who are superstitious. My wife is superstitious but I am not.I will never interfere with others beliefs..

rambabu wrote:

I am superstitious.But will not dis respect those who are superstitious. My wife is superstitious but I am not.I will never interfere with others beliefs..

You claim to be a rationalist in your earlier discussions so how can you also say you are superstitious? Does not make sense

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.