Superstition is defined as s widely held but irrational belief in supernatural influences, especially as leading to good or bad luck, or a practice based on such a belief. 

Some rationalists may term it as irrational beliefs that is unproven. It has been found that majority of the people in this world are superstitious. Their beliefs range depending on the region , customs and religious inclination. 

How superstitious are you ? If so have you tried to analyse or is it more to do with following age old custom s and beliefs ?


Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    Yes, I am and not only I but I think that most of the member here in this site are because that's what a real Indian can be described of.


    sdfafa


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    Babu saroj wrote:

    Yes, I am and not only I but I think that most of the member here in this site are because that's what a real Indian can be described of.

    It is not just about India ..However you cannot speak for all the members here, since they have their own individual views on the subject. There is no definition for a real Indian with regard to superstition since it is found all over the world.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    Without any if but I accepted that I am superstitious. Latest example of it is that I am searching boy for my daughter's marriage but I believed in horoscope match. I refuse some good offers for only reason that horoscope was not mathced. 


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    How planets million of miles away affect us is not clear but people are basically afraid and thus succumb to superstitions.


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    vijay wrote:

    How planets million of miles away affect us is not clear but people are basically afraid and thus succumb to superstitions.

    It is yours belief so you follow it. 


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    @anil, no doubt it is ones belief that makes us do certain things but what are these beliefs based on ? Is my question..

     


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    @anil, no doubt it is ones belief that makes us do certain things but what are these beliefs based on ? Is my question..

    Base of these are our culture, tradition and sacraments. Tell me any religion, cast or group 

    which have not all these.

     


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    anil wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:

    @anil, no doubt it is ones belief that makes us do certain things but what are these beliefs based on ? Is my question..

    Base of these are our culture, tradition and sacraments. Tell me any religion, cast or group 

    which have not all these.

    I already mentioned that iny post that superstitious beliefs are found all over the world regardless of religion. But personally speaking , is it not natural to be curious and try to look for some explanation behind any belief.. at least with regard to certain beliefs I am sure there is valid reason ..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    I am superstitious.But will not dis respect those who are superstitious. My wife is superstitious but I am not.I will never interfere with others beliefs..


  • Re: Are you superstitious?

    by » 3 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    I am superstitious.But will not dis respect those who are superstitious. My wife is superstitious but I am not.I will never interfere with others beliefs..

    You claim to be a rationalist in your earlier discussions so how can you also say you are superstitious? Does not make sense

     


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.