Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There are both harmles and harmful superstitions. It is the latter which create disharmony and are exploited by smart babas and others. 

Not only Babas, Politicians too are exploiting the Society.Both these should be dealt with caution . They are the plague to the Society.

My neighbor is very superstitious and she tries to buldoze her beliefs on to others as well whether they agree, willing or not ! One of her pet obsession is black crow flying in a particular manner and look for bad or good omen. I wonder  , whether she has no other work but to watch the crow flying all the time. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Superstitions are there in all cultures across the Globe. Though I won't say that I am superstitious, but I won't deny that there are certain practices which I saw as a part of growing up and unconsciously continue with them. Though I grew up with rational people I think even they continued with these practices as a habit. For example, I still leave a small ball of dough on tava every night after making chapati ...this is supposed to be food for laxmi/spritual helpers visiting kitchen in night. I never leave my kitchen in mess in night as it might upset laxmi. 

We do not leave footwears turned as it might invite bad omen, We do not sprinkle water on hot vessels just after putting off fire ( this we do when there is a death in family)...and a few more.

After being a mother, I have started doing this Drishti for my daughters

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Oh..so many practices like you said leaving a small ball of dough,etc are really interesting We in our state we follow the ritual when a Mother and her baby go out for some time. We too call it as a Drishti.

Thank you for throwing light on so many superstitions in our Country.

usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Yes, I am and not only I but I think that most of the member here in this site are because that's what a real Indian can be described of.

It is not just about India ..However you cannot speak for all the members here, since they have their own individual views on the subject. There is no definition for a real Indian with regard to superstition since it is found all over the world.

Yeah it's true that all over the world superstition are there but I think that in India most of the people are superstitions in compared to rest of the world.

sdfafa

Like in  India, allover the world, some superstitious practice or other can be seen. In India, I think Tamilians are more superstitious than others.

In my State there is a superstition.If you are going out and somebody sneezes, you have to go back to the home,sit for some time and again start.

I don't see why an honest post by Arunima has been disliked by rambabu.. am sure he will go into his usual rigmarole!! 

By the way can @ rambabu substantiate why tamilian are more superstitious than others and not Telugu speaking people  who seem as superstitious

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My sister in law who-lives in Chittor dist of AP many Tamilians are living there, I personally observed how Tamilians are so superstitious.

What a brainwave ! A few thousand tamilians in Chittor who your sis in law calls superstitious is your yardstick to call all tamilians the most superstitious.. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.