Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:

Without any if but I accepted that I am superstitious. Latest example of it is that I am searching boy for my daughter's marriage but I believed in horoscope match. I refuse some good offers for only reason that horoscope was not mathced. 

It is actually wise to refer to horoscope while arranging marriages. I know many people might feel that it is just a irrational beliefs but science has actually proved its rationality.

If we talk about my community, here people are divided into 7 clans and during marriage we avoid marrying into the same clan as we consider people belonging to same clans as brothers and sisters. Science has proved that marriage between closely related individuals cause inbreeding depression and children born out of such marriage turns out unhealthy. Consulting horoscopes during marriage prevents inbreeding depression.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

To some extend I m superstitious as well. I do believe in luck.. Sometimes even after all logical thinking certain things dont work as you wish or intend to.. At such times luck is very important. Even if you put 99% effort in something,1% luck is important

Some-people believe in luck.Some even consult Almanac before stating a job or going out.

I believe in logic and analytical reasoning where superstition has no role to play. Superstitions are the by- product of fear and beliefs which are passed from generations and which are embedded in our subconscious mind. There are many people who just blindly believe in  them and carry forward them in the name of tradition and this has to  stop for society to progress. 

Thank you said by: usha manohar

When it comes to superstitions, not only in India, many  foreign countries have superstitions.look at them.

http://pocketcultures.com/2010/08/18/superstitions-around-the-world/

KIRAN wrote:

I believe in logic and analytical reasoning where superstition has no role to play. Superstitions are the by- product of fear and beliefs which are passed from generations and which are embedded in our subconscious mind. There are many people who just blindly believe in  them and carry forward them in the name of tradition and this has to  stop for society to progress. 

I too tend to believe that superstition stems out of insecurity and fear of the unknown. Religion in many cases gives it a sanction because religion itself rests on shaky grounds. The more you probe the more illogical the reasoning becomes..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Harmless superstition can at times be a morale booster but taking strategic decisions based on it can be stupidity.

What is harmless superstition.In what way it is different from harmful superstition ?

harmless are like going back into house if a cat crosses the path or someone sneezes. Harmful are ones which are exploited by forcing persons to donate or extort money to carry out rituals to ward off unreal evils etc.

We must be difference between good and bad rituals.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.