Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ Usha. About this drishti thing, I gave a damn about it when I was young. But off late I confess that I care about it as a mother. When my younger one falls sick frequently, I do ritual of drishti( taking handful of salt) moving around her three times and flushing it. And psychological things are so strong, she is fine after that. My older one and my husband ridicule me for this. But a mother's heart is weak at times and falls for these beliefs and traps

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

@ Usha. About this drishti thing, I gave a damn about it when I was young. But off late I confess that I care about it as a mother. When my younger one falls sick frequently, I do ritual of drishti( taking handful of salt) moving around her three times and flushing it. And psychological things are so strong, she is fine after that. My older one and my husband ridicule me for this. But a mother's heart is weak at times and falls for these beliefs and traps

I can totally relate to that and I too have gone on to do things which seem irrational now but at that time seemed necessary..It also has a lot to do with peer pressure/family pressures ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:

I can totally relate, I too do that to my son quite often, my son ridicules me for it saying I am superstitious but that is how mothers are! But I feel that superstition  or no superstition, there are certain vibrations in the air, both negative and positive and indeed do affect children as they are more sensitive and vulnerable than older people are. Certain things cannot be explained and I feel this is one of them.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There is a lot in life that still has no answer ..There have been two occasions in the past when everything was going right , I suddenly got the feeling that this won't last ...And it turned out right ! Similarly, certain customs evolve because of these unexplained phenomenon and later it becomes a belief or a superstition..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I can totally relate to that and I too have gone on to do things which seem irrational now but at that time seemed necessary..It also has a lot to do with peer pressure/family pressures ..

Being a mother myself I think most of the mothers get trapped to such things some time or the other. Though we do not firmly believe in it, we just take a chance hoping for a  positive result. I believe very strongly that there are few superstitious things which if we follow do not harm anyone then trying them with a positive frame of mind is nothing wrong. Either drishti tricks or medicines give good result regarding an ailing person then it's fine.

shampasaid

Drishti Or Dishti as it is called locally ,is a practice in AP to ward off the evil Spirits .It may work or may not work , but if such practices are followed,none will be harmed.

It's equivalent in north could be nazar lag jayegi and to ward it off a black dot is put on the face of the child. Yes it is harmless but nevertheless it is a belief.

I know.There is a saying in Hindi. " Buri Nazar wale, tera Muh Kala."

I usually think rationally and i do not think i am superstitious but yes like the other mothers pointed out... when it comes to my kids or family the rationale goes for a toss, i do agree to do things which a rational mind will not agree. :) the biggest example being the naming of my daughter... as per her star the astrologer said her name should contain even number of letters... though i do not believe in these things, i still did not want to take a chance with my little one and i named her Ruhi :):)

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

yes I am. but sometimes, esp when m doing something that's v imp and risky.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.