Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If there is a rule that the two top parties have to form a government , automatically they will come to an understanding which is what is democracy is all about not the horse trading kind introduced and nurtured by some parties which has become the norm now !

Yes restriction on horse trading may be possible with this rule. But it is not possible in democracy. This rule will be infraction of right of equality.

What is the meaning of infraction of right of equality and what is equality if not the majority consensus?

If it is rule that only top two parties can form government that it stop others parties to make alliance. If A and B partied are two top parties butC, D and E parties have jointly more seats than A or B, how can they  alliance with A or B party. 

It is obvious that you need to have half way mark and if two top parties don't have the required numbers then the next one too joins in ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
# Uaha. Very soon, I am going to take a break

Wow, great idea but when ? Hope it is pretty soon before everybody gets fed up ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
# Uaha. Very soon, I am going to take a break

Do that soon before others have a nervous breakdown!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I will Kalyani.I have some local advertising Jobs too.I take a bit of time before I start taking rest.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

If there is a rule that the two top parties have to form a government , automatically they will come to an understanding which is what is democracy is all about not the horse trading kind introduced and nurtured by some parties which has become the norm now !

Yes restriction on horse trading may be possible with this rule. But it is not possible in democracy. This rule will be infraction of right of equality.

What is the meaning of infraction of right of equality and what is equality if not the majority consensus?

If it is rule that only top two parties can form government that it stop others parties to make alliance. If A and B partied are two top parties butC, D and E parties have jointly more seats than A or B, how can they  alliance with A or B party. 

It is obvious that you need to have half way mark and if two top parties don't have the required numbers then the next one too joins in ..

Another example to explain what I want to say. For half way mark required seat is 101. Party A won 50 and B 55 seat. All other parties won 95 seats. In this case top parties is A and B. A and B parties are free to got support of other misc. parties. no need rule of two top parties.

There are bound to be different scenarios but in my opinion the parties that get the largest number of seats shd form an alliance also take help from the next highest party if needed 

If BJP and Congress come in top two then as per your formula they should form government. Will it ever happen. Please move from your impractical suggestion  and not blindly stuck to it. 

vijay wrote:

If BJP and Congress come in top two then as per your formula they should form government. Will it ever happen. Please move from your impractical suggestion  and not blindly stuck to it. 

Why not ? In fact it may be the best thing for the country because for once they have to put away their egos and work for the nation!

Now you are also acting stubborn like some other member. Desire and realities are separate. If both parties of diametterically oposite ideologies have to come together then generally nothing worthwhile happens like PDP and BJP in Kashmir.

First of all with all the hiccups the PDP - BJP alliance is working especially given the kind of atmosphere prevailing in the state.

Secondly I am not being stubborn . Human nature is pretty much the same everywhere. From school experience we see that warring groups work best when thrown together out of compulsion. Running a nation is not about being stubborn in your beliefs but making adjustments and compromises that need to be done.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.