Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

You can  of course take it anyway you like but I do what I have to do ...innocent

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Some years back I had been to Cologne in Germany  for a few days.  Smokers  would come out of the railway station and light cigarettes. At a spot in front of the station around five to six cylindrical shaped vertical ash trays were provided. Smokers would stand around them , drop the ash and extinguish the cigarettes inside the ash trays. Twice I saw a person come and empty out the trays. People were cooperating, munincipality had provided space and arranged cleaning also. Imagine can such facility be made available outside our stations and if yes what would be their state of cleanliness.It is going to take us many decades to become a cleanliness conscious society.

Thank you said by: rambabu

Vijay. You gave a very good news about cleanliness in Germany. I cannot imagine such cleanliness conscious Society in India

Not very long ago, I made a campaign on Swach Bharat for the Vizag Municipal corporation. The Corporation made Trash Bins for the people, so that they can dump the Garbage in them. I have seen people dump the garbage every where except the Garbage cans provided.

Every country in the world including Pakistan is cleaner than India. I have visited some obscure countries in the Pacific and Mediterranean and inspite of being not so rich they are all clean and one can see that people take pride in their nation ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I had been to  Indo - Pak border Karim Ganj,  to entertain the Jawans during Indo -Pak  war 1971, I represented Odisha... when I was working in Rourkela Steel plant, Odisha We along with other group members lived in the in the Army campus for a week. There I happened to see a few Pakistani civilian regions. Indian Army authorities, who accompanied us too agreed that Pakistan civilian regions are kept neat and clean. I had seen these regions from within the Indian border.

Coming to point,, awareness on Cleanliness, is  Pathetically low in Indians We maintain our households neat and clean. But the garbage is thrown in to streets. 

There are many congested cities across the world but they are well planned and people have good Civic sense.

Pakistan is lot more cleaner than India. I have not been there but my brother got a chance to visit Islamabad to attend his friends wedding. My brother stays in UK for last 15 years and he was surprised to see Islamabad sooo Clean​. He expected it to be like Delhi. He praised it a lot and found it a beautiful city and he found no slums there.

I have been to Bhutan and Colombo, Sri Lanka. They are our neighbors and less developed than us. But the cleanliness and beauty puts India to shame

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Sri Lanka is a very clean place , even the interior villages are so well kept. I visited Karachi a few years ago, being a port it was considered to be a congested and dirty place but even that is far better than any of our major port cities ..The only two ports in India that are reasonably clean are Cochin and Mangalore ..

Vizag Port i s also neat and clean. Port Authorities are very keen in maintaining the Port always spick and span

Arunima Singh wrote:

There are many congested cities across the world but they are well planned and people have good Civic sense.

Pakistan is lot more cleaner than India. I have not been there but my brother got a chance to visit Islamabad to attend his friends wedding. My brother stays in UK for last 15 years and he was surprised to see Islamabad sooo Clean​. He expected it to be like Delhi. He praised it a lot and found it a beautiful city and he found no slums there.

I have been to Bhutan and Colombo, Sri Lanka. They are our neighbors and less developed than us. But the cleanliness and beauty puts India to shame

Infact even Karachi which is a very congested port city is much cleaner than any of our cities. However, we can be proud that there are still some  parts in the north east that are clean with people taking pride in maintaining them. I wish more such intiatives are taken . 

We play a significant role in making the city congested, polluted and unsuitable for living. We should be concerned towards the environment. We have the responsibility of providing good environment to our future generations. Are we aware of this responsibility or leading selfish life?

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.