Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Happy holi to one and all. Starting today we ll be celebrating it for five days

Thank you. I am curious to know that how you celebrate Holi for five days. It is basically a festival of one day then what about the rest of the four days.

We celebrate here for two, first day holike dehan and another day is Dhulandi. It is interestiing to know how some peoples celebrate it for 5 days.

jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Thank you. I am curious to know that how you celebrate Holi for five days. It is basically a festival of one day then what about the rest of the four days.

On the first day we worship Gauranga Mahaprabhu which is followed by burning of straw hut. From the next day people can play with colours but nowadays except for small children people hardly do that. Instead everyone is busy with sports which are organized at every localities. People in groups also sing devotional songs and it is called Holi pala. At night folk dance called thabal chongba is organized in some localities.

Here in Rajasthan folk dance of Holi is call fag. It begins before 15 day of holi. In night some people gathered at some place and burn fire than they play folk songs of Holi in Rajasthani language.

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
jabeen wrote:

On the first day we worship Gauranga Mahaprabhu which is followed by burning of straw hut. From the next day people can play with colours but nowadays except for small children people hardly do that. Instead everyone is busy with sports which are organized at every localities. People in groups also sing devotional songs and it is called Holi pala. At night folk dance called thabal chongba is organized in some localities.

Here in Rajasthan folk dance of Holi is call fag. It begins before 15 day of holi. In night some people gathered at some place and burn fire than they play folk songs of Holi in Rajasthani language.

Here in Rajasthan we also celebrate Sheetla Astmi which is celebrated after one week of Holi. This day is also known as "Basoda" in local language, which came from name "Basi" means food cooked on previous night, and people eat food cooked on the next day morning. This link explains more about the festival:

https://www.omashram.com/news/78-the-day-of-shitala-devi

http://www.comparenshop.in

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

Yes Manoj ji I know this festival because I also from Rajasthan and tomorrow we will celebrate sitla astmi and eat stale food

Thanks to share this link...

I know Sheetal Shashti in Rajashan is observed on m sixth day of the Sukla paksha of the month of Magha month.

Another Rajasthani, Anil here said, Holi can be celebrated with flowers also

We in AP, however do not celebrate Holi,

rambabu wrote:

I know Sheetal Shashti in Rajashan is observed on m sixth day of the Sukla paksha of the month of Magha month.

Another Rajasthani, Anil here said, Holi can be celebrated with flowers also

We in AP, however do not celebrate Holi,

Holi is one of the most important festival for Hindus and celebrated all over the country, then is there any special reason not to be celebrated in A.P.?

http://www.comparenshop.in

Yes. The reason is, in the past some youngsters instead of using natural colors started using some synthetic colors that led to blinding. The AP government took this step to ensure such accidents.

Of course the new generation observe Holi in a normal way only in the morning. 

Holi is not celebrated in any of the southern states like so many other festivals that are regional and not celebrated all over the country like Raksha bandhan ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Yes. The reason is, in the past some youngsters instead of using natural colors started using some synthetic colors that led to blinding. The AP government took this step to ensure such accidents.

Of course the new generation observe Holi in a normal way only in the morning. 

You mean to say that the Andhra Pradesh Government banned the celebration of Holi??? I very much doubt that as it would violate the fundamental rights of a person.

AP government did not ban Holi. But set some precautionary measures to observe Holi in a safe way. As I said earlier Holi  in general is  not celebrated in Southern States. But some younger generation of late  celebrating Holi

In this process. , youngsters use synthetic colors instead of natural colors which lead to blinding.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.