Mangalore is a very safe city and women need not have any fear going out alone late at night. There are times when I go for a drive late at night when I am unable to sleep and I see the police doing their rounds and at times they stop me and ask where I am from and then ask me to drive on. The crime we normally have is communal violence which has now considerably reduced . What do you think of your own city , is it safe at night ?

Given below are the various statistics of Mangalore and a safety index

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/in/Mangalore

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is indeed a great achievement for your city that inspite of the commual and corrupt Congress it is such safe city. But good to know that Mangalore is a safe city for women.

one of my friend is from Mangalore, she indicated to me once that women usually feels safe in Manglore. As compared to other cities like Delhi , Mangalore is very safe place.. I am from Mumbai, and I would say Mumbai is safe city as well.. No doubt many people of different religion live here, but people are usually helpful here.

While our state and Karnataka itself is notorious for its crimes against women under the Congress rule Mangalore has a very strong RSS and BJP presence which has helped in keeping the criminals and criminal minded away ..

@Bajirao, I agree that Mumbai inspite of being such a large city is very safe for women. My youngest daughter works and lives in Mumbai​ and although initially she was wary now she feels very safe . There too wrong or right it is the Shivsena that is the reason for it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I just happened to see this article sent to me by a friend where it has been stated that Mangalore is the only city from India that is on the list of 50 best cities in terms of quality of life .It is ranked second  best City in Asia.

https://www.seeandsay.in/51947/mangaluru-ranks-first-best-city-india-terms-quality-life-48th-world

Well I can't boast about my city. I live in Kanpur (Safety at night a lowly 35.29Confused)

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

So Delhi is unsafe because BJP is ruling the civic body since long!!

One can only go by statistics, it is because Congress was brought into the discussion , BJP too found its way ...

in these days where a woman is tortured, raped and murdered, it is heartening to see  Mangalore is free from crimes against Women.

It is good to see that Mangalore is a safe city. Until very recently, Pune too used to be a safe city but for the last 2-3 years, with unchecked growth of immigrants in the city, increase in IT population etc. there has been a marked increase in incidents of lonely riders being accosted at secluded places in the night and relieved of cash, money, jewellery etc. There has also been increase in crimes against lonely women, especially the recent cases of IT women being assaulted and murdered by cab drivers and security men.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It is good to see that Mangalore is a safe city. Until very recently, Pune too used to be a safe city but for the last 2-3 years, with unchecked growth of immigrants in the city, increase in IT population etc. there has been a marked increase in incidents of lonely riders being accosted at secluded places in the night and relieved of cash, money, jewellery etc. There has also been increase in crimes against lonely women, especially the recent cases of IT women being assaulted and murdered by cab drivers and security men.

The moment a city begins to grow things change. In smaller cities like Mangalore even today people like to place you , which family , caste etc etc. .It has its own advantages because locals know that any wrong doing from their side would backfire on them. In a large city with an immigrant population the relative anonymity that outsiders have emboldens them to commit to crime ..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.