Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There may be some hope yet ..Today the Uttar Pradesh CM has scrapped the reservation in private professional colleges which is an extremely bold move . I doubt if the other communal parties would ever dare to do this ..

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/up-cm-yogi-adityanath-has-just-scrapped-sc-st-obc-reservation-in-private-medical-colleges-275554.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The caste reservation has become such a nuisance that it pervades I to all spheres of life. In Karnataka , all city corporation elections are based on caste and gender ,..Like the mayor's post is for reserved category only and alternating between male and female whereas the deputy mayor is again only for reserved category ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Why Reservations in our education system ? If thee is reservation system, it must be on economic condition of the Student. Reservations in education system leads to mediocrity of the student.

Reservation system in the education system should be removed once and for all

I guess you have combined everyone's contribution and come up with another parrot post..

usha manohar wrote:

The caste reservation has become such a nuisance that it pervades I to all spheres of life. In Karnataka , all city corporation elections are based on caste and gender ,..Like the mayor's post is for reserved category only and alternating between male and female whereas the deputy mayor is again only for reserved category ..

Same is the case in Maharashtra too! Even in wards around the city where a corporator is elected, the positions are reserved based on castes as well as male and female categories. It is indeed so silly that where merit should be the sole criteria, we have reservations based on caste and gender. No wonder we are lagging behind other countries!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Same is the case in Maharashtra too! Even in wards around the city where a corporator is elected, the positions are reserved based on castes as well as male and female categories. It is indeed so silly that where merit should be the sole criteria, we have reservations based on caste and gender. No wonder we are lagging behind other countries!

Even at the Panchayat and corporation levels most of the positions are reserved. I have seen how in backward places in Karnataka the elected rep has difficulty in reading let alone understand. They are tools in the hands of politicians who call the shots .

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.