Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The selection of the Presidential candidate by the NDA is on non caste basis. How many would agree. So where is idealism?

Candidate for Presential elections, Ramnadh, is a Dalit. Is it not Idealism ?

What s needed is a president who is accepted by the majority, not a show of so called idealism. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes, PM - Shah proposed , Ramnadh Kovind for president post  is being accepted by almost all the Political Parties. There is every likelihood  Ramnadh Kovind will be new President of India.

Honestly speaking, I believe that a President should be of such a stature who is respected not only among his own circle but also by every citizen of this country. Thus, the person has to be a popular figure and for that reason, caste or creed cannot be a criterion. Take the names of Jail Singh and Pratibha Patil, were they fit to be the President of India? The President Pranab Mukherjee should be replaced by a man who is an equally well-known figure which the present candidate is not and that is not a very sound choice. 

shampasaid

Ramnadh Kovind is a very popular Dalit Leader, and being supported by all cross sections of the Society and Political parties.

Kovind is equally popular as Zail Singh or Pratibha Patil.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Honestly speaking, I believe that a President should be of such a stature who is respected not only among his own circle but also by every citizen of this country. Thus, the person has to be a popular figure and for that reason, caste or creed cannot be a criterion. Take the names of Jail Singh and Pratibha Patil, were they fit to be the President of India? The President Pranab Mukherjee should be replaced by a man who is an equally well-known figure which the present candidate is not and that is not a very sound choice. 

First of all Shampa you can read Rambabus response especially the last sentence and have a hearty laugh , what else?

I agree that Pratibha Patil was nothing but a blot on such a high office , Zail Singh was no better either. So , there is absolutely no comparison to the new presidential candidate whatsoever. He seems well read , a lawyer , two time rajya sabha  MP and now governor of Bihar , so knows what is required f him..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

First of all Shampa you can read Rambabus response especially the last sentence and have a hearty laugh , what else?

I agree that Pratibha Patil was nothing but a blot on such a high office , Zail Singh was no better either. So , there is absolutely no comparison to the new presidential candidate whatsoever. He seems well read , a lawyer , two time rajya sabha  MP and now governor of Bihar , so knows what is required f him..

Rambabu

Ramnadh Kovind is a very popular Dalit Leader, and being supported by all cross sections of the Society and Political parties.

Kovind is equally popular as Zail Singh or Pratibha Patil.

Thank you said by: rambabu, Shampa Sadhya

It should have been, " Kovind is more popular than Pratibha Patil or Zail Singh,"

Definitely my mistake.

I have no issues regarding Kovind.  What I was highlighting was that his main consideration is that he is a dalit and this is being exploited. Your post is for ideal form of government. So I was highlighting that here is cast being officially highlighted. So will cast go away so that only merit is basis. It is not whether Kovind is good for the post.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.