Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

No. I don't think so. I am of the opinion NDA was sincere. A Dalit is shown as  Dalit. A Kshatriya was not shown as a Dalit.

What is the need to emphasise the cast of a person. Why is it being repeatedly said he is a dalit. Are you so naive not to understand the reason for doing so. If cast is used for such high post then cast useage will not go from the country. 

rambabu wrote:

Ramnadh Kovind is a very popular Dalit Leader, and being supported by all cross sections of the Society and Political parties.

Kovind is equally popular as Zail Singh or Pratibha Patil.

Why are you highlighting the word Dalit? This only reflects the caste factor which if true is unacceptable.  

shampasaid

Because, Kovind is a DALIT.

usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Honestly speaking, I believe that a President should be of such a stature who is respected not only among his own circle but also by every citizen of this country. Thus, the person has to be a popular figure and for that reason, caste or creed cannot be a criterion. Take the names of Jail Singh and Pratibha Patil, were they fit to be the President of India? The President Pranab Mukherjee should be replaced by a man who is an equally well-known figure which the present candidate is not and that is not a very sound choice. 

First of all Shampa you can read Rambabus response especially the last sentence and have a hearty laugh , what else?

I agree that Pratibha Patil was nothing but a blot on such a high office , Zail Singh was no better either. So , there is absolutely no comparison to the new presidential candidate whatsoever. He seems well read , a lawyer , two time rajya sabha  MP and now governor of Bihar , so knows what is required f him..

Rambabu

Ramnadh Kovind is a very popular Dalit Leader, and being supported by all cross sections of the Society and Political parties.

Nothing to say about @rambabu. His statements sound so preachy but in reality, are vague and baseless. @usha manohar Mr. Kovind is educated and I have nothing against him but still, I feel the Presidents like Rajendra Prasad and many others were so very popular that the present candidate is not of that stature. Popularity and good reputation of a President give immense confidence to the citizens. Will these criteria be fulfilled this time? That's my question as a citizen of India.  

shampasaid

See above. I already corrected the mistake.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Honestly speaking, I believe that a President should be of such a stature who is respected not only among his own circle but also by every citizen of this country. Thus, the person has to be a popular figure and for that reason, caste or creed cannot be a criterion. Take the names of Jail Singh and Pratibha Patil, were they fit to be the President of India? The President Pranab Mukherjee should be replaced by a man who is an equally well-known figure which the present candidate is not and that is not a very sound choice. 

First of all Shampa you can read Rambabus response especially the last sentence and have a hearty laugh , what else?

I agree that Pratibha Patil was nothing but a blot on such a high office , Zail Singh was no better either. So , there is absolutely no comparison to the new presidential candidate whatsoever. He seems well read , a lawyer , two time rajya sabha  MP and now governor of Bihar , so knows what is required f him..

Rambabu

Nothing to say about @rambabu. His statements sound so preachy but in reality, are vague and baseless. @usha manohar Mr. Kovind is educated and I have nothing against him but still, I feel the Presidents like Rajendra Prasad and many others were so very popular that the present candidate is not of that stature. Popularity and good reputation of a President give immense confidence to the citizens. Will these criteria be fulfilled this time? That's my question as a citizen of India.  

Rambabu is least bothered about the discussion topic as long as he makes posts that give him points , nothing else matters to him, see the number of irrelevant posts he has made on this discussion .. He is far too selfish and shameless to bother about anything else !

All the presidents that became well known became so after their tenure while they were relatively less known while they were given the post so that is simply not an issue here. No one has an already proven record of having fulfilled any of the criteria hat is expected of them. Unless they take office and perform they are what they are ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I already agreed that I made a mistake.And corrected.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Why are you highlighting the word Dalit? This only reflects the caste factor which if true is unacceptable.  

For opposition minority and caste issue is like a weapon to be used as and when they want, we may see more drama now with the opposition Fielding their own dalit candidate for presidency.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

What if I tell you that before assuming the presidential office, Pratibha Patil seemed well reada lawyer, once a Rajya Sabha MP, then Lok Sabha and was also the Governor of Rajasthan, so everyone assumed that she knew what was required of her. 

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.