Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My point in pointing about dalit aspect being highlighted for Kovind was to steer the debate to this fact being given prominence rather than his accomplishments. The post does not require any fantastic qualifications for such his and cry to be raised. Abhishek is right the credentials of Pratibha Patil and Kovind  seem similar. Then only bias is coming on the way.

Thank you said by: Abhishek Sharma
Abhishek Sharma wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Honestly speaking, I believe that a President should be of such a stature who is respected not only among his own circle but also by every citizen of this country. Thus, the person has to be a popular figure and for that reason, caste or creed cannot be a criterion. Take the names of Jail Singh and Pratibha Patil, were they fit to be the President of India? The President Pranab Mukherjee should be replaced by a man who is an equally well-known figure which the present candidate is not and that is not a very sound choice. 

First of all Shampa you can read Rambabus response especially the last sentence and have a hearty laugh , what else?

I agree that Pratibha Patil was nothing but a blot on such a high office , Zail Singh was no better either. So , there is absolutely no comparison to the new presidential candidate whatsoever. He seems well read , a lawyer , two time rajya sabha  MP and now governor of Bihar , so knows what is required f him..

What if I tell you that before assuming the presidential office, Pratibha Patil seemed well reada lawyer, once a Rajya Sabha MP, then Lok Sabha and was also the Governor of Rajasthan, so everyone assumed that she knew what was required of her. 

I agree with your views , besides all that apparently when Indira Gandhi was out of power , Pratibha Patil also cooked food and washed vessels at her house. This was a statement made by a Congress party office bearer. So , all these combined qualifications paved the way for her Presidents which of course she manipulated to the hilt..however , let us sincerely hope that the new president will not follow in her footsteps..

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/president-patil-cooked-food-and-washed-dishes-for-indira-gandhi/amp_articleshow/7460398.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Wonderful link. pratibha Patil when Indira Gandhi was out of power, Pratibha has shown lot of Pratibha ( skill) in cooking food and washing clothes of Indira Gandhi.

The question now is,if  Kovind is going to do what Pratibha has done

I am of the opinion, it is too early to say anything about Kovind. Anyhow, Ramnadh Kovind is going to file his nomination tomorrow. Let us wait and see.

I am convinced that @Usha is not interested in serious debate. She only enjoys digging out all negative points about Congress leaders and conveniently  dodges such aspects of her favourite party.  it is her choice. And she all the time blames Rambabu!!!!!!                                                        

Now I am definitely convinced that @ Vijay goes on the offensive the moment I put up facts about his favorite party and as usual  throws hints about rambabu at my face while he and almost all other active members keep blaming rambabu from time to time . That is his ploy to supposedly put me on the defensive when he has lost out an argument ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I request members to concentrate on the issue of ideal form of society and government rather than party politics and leadership issues. Ultimately app parties are similar. same leders manage to continue in office whatever be the party. For example, in U.P. there is BJP government but Rita Bahugana Joshi ex Congress and S.P. Singh Bhaghel, ex S.P. and EX BSP are ministers. When Congress is dominant, most BJP will join Congress. In othe situation, Congress men will join BJP. even now BJP is 90% ex Congress men party. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu

Both society and government are being polluted with the self-centered people. Most of us are becoming greedy now a days with or without our attention. We are not living based on moral values.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Shampa Sadhya
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I request members to concentrate on the issue of ideal form of society and government rather than party politics and leadership issues. Ultimately app parties are similar. same leders manage to continue in office whatever be the party. For example, in U.P. there is BJP government but Rita Bahugana Joshi ex Congress and S.P. Singh Bhaghel, ex S.P. and EX BSP are ministers. When Congress is dominant, most BJP will join Congress. In othe situation, Congress men will join BJP. even now BJP is 90% ex Congress men party. 

Congress men will join BJP. even now BJP is 90% ex Congress men party. 

That really tells us something about Congress party ..

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Honestly speaking, I believe that a President should be of such a stature who is respected not only among his own circle but also by every citizen of this country. Thus, the person has to be a popular figure and for that reason, caste or creed cannot be a criterion. Take the names of Jail Singh and Pratibha Patil, were they fit to be the President of India? The President Pranab Mukherjee should be replaced by a man who is an equally well-known figure which the present candidate is not and that is not a very sound choice. 

First of all Shampa you can read Rambabus response especially the last sentence and have a hearty laugh , what else?

I agree that Pratibha Patil was nothing but a blot on such a high office , Zail Singh was no better either. So , there is absolutely no comparison to the new presidential candidate whatsoever. He seems well read , a lawyer , two time rajya sabha  MP and now governor of Bihar , so knows what is required f him..

Rambabu

Ramnadh Kovind is a very popular Dalit Leader, and being supported by all cross sections of the Society and Political parties.

Kovind is equally popular as Zail Singh or Pratibha Patil.

Nothing to say about @rambabu. His statements sound so preachy but in reality, are vague and baseless. @usha manohar Mr. Kovind is educated and I have nothing against him but still, I feel the Presidents like Rajendra Prasad and many others were so very popular that the present candidate is not of that stature. Popularity and good reputation of a President give immense confidence to the citizens. Will these criteria be fulfilled this time? That's my question as a citizen of India.  

Rambabu is least bothered about the discussion topic as long as he makes posts that give him points , nothing else matters to him, see the number of irrelevant posts he has made on this discussion .. He is far too selfish and shameless to bother about anything else !

All the presidents that became well known became so after their tenure while they were relatively less known while they were given the post so that is simply not an issue here. No one has an already proven record of having fulfilled any of the criteria hat is expected of them. Unless they take office and perform they are what they are ..

@usha manohar Rajendra Prasad, Radhakrishnan, APJ Abdul Kalam and Pranab Mukherjee were big names before they became the President of India. I am not talking about the track record of theirs after they assumed the President's office, that's quite natural to be proved after they had held the position but to become a President the person should be an extremely well-known figure which I am afraid Kovind is not. If we go by the popularity quotient then Meira Kumar is more a known face than Ram Nath Kovind.     

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Rambabu

Ramnadh Kovind is a very popular Dalit Leader, and being supported by all cross sections of the Society and Political parties.

Kovind is equally popular as Zail Singh or Pratibha Patil.

Nothing to say about @rambabu. His statements sound so preachy but in reality, are vague and baseless. @usha manohar Mr. Kovind is educated and I have nothing against him but still, I feel the Presidents like Rajendra Prasad and many others were so very popular that the present candidate is not of that stature. Popularity and good reputation of a President give immense confidence to the citizens. Will these criteria be fulfilled this time? That's my question as a citizen of India.  

Rambabu is least bothered about the discussion topic as long as he makes posts that give him points , nothing else matters to him, see the number of irrelevant posts he has made on this discussion .. He is far too selfish and shameless to bother about anything else !

All the presidents that became well known became so after their tenure while they were relatively less known while they were given the post so that is simply not an issue here. No one has an already proven record of having fulfilled any of the criteria hat is expected of them. Unless they take office and perform they are what they are ..

@usha manohar Rajendra Prasad, Radhakrishnan, APJ Abdul Kalam and Pranab Mukherjee were big names before they became the President of India. I am not talking about the track record of theirs after they assumed the President's office, that's quite natural to be proved after they had held the position but to become a President the person should be an extremely well-known figure which I am afraid Kovind is not. If we go by the popularity quotient then Meira Kumar is more a known face than Ram Nath Kovind.     

Possibly so ...as far as Meira Kumar is concerned, she is well known no doubt as a speaker but also for her foreign tours at tax payers expense while she was a speaker almost beating the record of the then President , Pratibha Patil..

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Meira-Kumar-took-trips-abroad-every-37-days/articleshow/13361612.cms

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.