In our society after what we have been witnessing with regard to religion and it's so called religious leaders , more so pertaining to Hinduism , it is shocking to see people treating religion as a business . Who does one blame ? the cunning, corrupt and often criminal minded Godmen and Godwoman or the blind believers , who support them even when their crime is brought to light ? 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

God men are mere business men. They cheat the people and making large amounts of money.

pranavi wrote:

God men are mere business men. They cheat the people and making large amounts of money.

New member ? please introduce yourself so we get to know you ...Going by your various posts you sound so much like one of our members rambabu astonished , hope you dont follow in his footsteps( I am just joking because a duplicate id is illegal and the admin can easily see through that ) ..

Please make your posts informative and not just to gain points and please please dont overcrowd the forum by parroting others and making repetetive posts after every member posts.. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No UshaJi,  heard about this from friend of my father.

I am Chinmai. Also called as PRANAVI  Cinmai

pranavi wrote:

No UshaJi,  heard about this from friend of my father.

LOL...OK have it your way , stick to my name without any addition. By the way are you a male or female and where do you come from ?

I am female, living in the Port city Kakinada, AP

Let us ignore masqueraders for some time!

Back to topic, yes, becoming a godman or godwoman is certainly a profitable business in India. But lately, as we have seen even the most powerful ones like Asaram, Ram Rahim etc. being sent to jail to grind their sins, I think people will be more cautious in choosing their so-called gurus or gurumatas henceforth. It will take a lot of time for India to be rid completely of such fake babas, but it will happen. As far as Hinduism is concerned, it is not the only religion that produces them, other religions aren't too far behind in producing such gems!

http://www.india.com/news/india/dr-sebastian-martin-death-watch-miracle-of-healer-baba-who-cures-a-kidney-transplant-patient-video-1417369/

Watch the video in the link that I have given, although in Marathi, it has English subtitles. The so-called healer too is now dead since, but this is how it goes. There is a similar type of Christian healer in Chennai too that I saw a video of , but I don't know his name. Again, most of the Bengali babas who you may seen ads of claiming to do all kinds of hocus-pocus, majority of them are Muslim healers! So there is no one religion that can be said as a culprit in this particular area of buisness!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Let us ignore masqueraders for some time!

Back to topic, yes, becoming a godman or godwoman is certainly a profitable business in India. But lately, as we have seen even the most powerful ones like Asaram, Ram Rahim etc. being sent to jail to grind their sins, I think people will be more cautious in choosing their so-called gurus or gurumatas henceforth. It will take a lot of time for India to be rid completely of such fake babas, but it will happen. As far as Hinduism is concerned, it is not the only religion that produces them, other religions aren't too far behind in producing such gems!

http://www.india.com/news/india/dr-sebastian-martin-death-watch-miracle-of-healer-baba-who-cures-a-kidney-transplant-patient-video-1417369/

Watch the video in the link that I have given, although in Marathi, it has English subtitles. The so-called healer too is now dead since, but this is how it goes. There is a similar type of Christian healer in Chennai too that I saw a video of , but I don't know his name. Again, most of the Bengali babas who you may seen ads of claiming to do all kinds of hocus-pocus, majority of them are Muslim healers! So there is no one religion that can be said as a culprit in this particular area of buisness!

Thanks for the link Kalyani, I have read that news report . The problem lies with the people. Close to my house an affluent family has been living since several generations. As it happens with most such joint families , the later generations lead a luxurious life with no work and income which has what has happened in this case. They have a huge house and garden, a couple of acres ,other than that apparently everything else has been sold ...one of the brothers wife hit upon a smart idea a couple of years ago when she suddenly one fine day she started shaking and acting strange . Now she has become a good woman in a small temple built within the property with hundreds of ' devotees' coming to take her darshan and giving donations. Honestly is there no end to human stupidity? No wonder all our God person's are laughing all their way to their bank accounts.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Yes. Many Hindus believe that they need some physical spiritual Guru for salvation Such belief is prevalent  in Punjab, Haryana and Western U.P.   May be other places also. The scrupulous elements re benefited by such belief and run the business of Gurudom. Thus even a non matriculate posing as a 'saint'  can mislead even a highly educated person. many politicians also find it convenient to sponsor such gurus.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

It is basically insecurity , lack of self confidence combined with the conditioning of mind that leads to blind belief in someone who seems more powerful than you. It could be godmen or politicians who can be equally dangerous.

I have seen such blind faith in USA also. Theecalso fake godmen are donated money by folowers. The godmen have palatial houses and live in luxury. So this is a global phenomenon. Till persons seek easy way out by divine intervention such fake babes will flourish. If Asharam were to be released on bail his followers will flock as before.

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.