Most of us read fiction, non fiction and other books that interest us  and we have our own favorites subjects , favorite authors etc ..I have noticed that certain sentences tend to make a lasting impression on our minds. Can you quote some of  them here with the name of the book and the author ...I will quote some of my own favorites by and by

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I ve come across many sentences which have made an everlasting impressions, one of which goes something like this," Are words spoken in hurried moments enough to cancel a lifetime of devotions?". I think its taken from the novel " of mice and men" by John Steinbeck

Thank you said by: usha manohar
jabeen wrote:

I ve come across many sentences which have made an everlasting impressions, one of which goes something like this," Are words spoken in hurried moments enough to cancel a lifetime of devotions?". I think its taken from the novel " of mice and men" by John Steinbeck

I have read mice and men a lot ng time ago. It has been made into a film as well . Some critics have found it controversial probably because of the subject ..I would like to read it again since i cannot recall the sentence mentioned by you ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I have read mice and men a lot ng time ago. It has been made into a film as well . Some critics have found it controversial probably because of the subject ..I would like to read it again since i cannot recall the sentence mentioned by you ..

Even I read this novel a long time ago, in fact around 15 years ago. So I am not sure if the sentence I mentioned is from that novel. 

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Even I read this novel a long time ago, in fact around 15 years ago. So I am not sure if the sentence I mentioned is from that novel. 

Even if it is not from that particular novel doesn't matter because the meaning of those words is profound. I feel that words , even if they are hurtful should not really cancel or dilute a lifetime of devotion.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Even if it is not from that particular novel doesn't matter because the meaning of those words is profound. I feel that words , even if they are hurtful should not really cancel or dilute a lifetime of devotion.

The quoted line is very new to me. It is a very meaningful statement. Insulting words used on day to day basis will definitely make a hole in a relationship but if it happens all of a sudden in a heated moment then it should not be bigger than the deep relationship itself. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

The quoted line is very new to me. It is a very meaningful statement. Insulting words used on day to day basis will definitely make a hole in a relationship but if it happens all of a sudden in a heated moment then it should not be bigger than the deep relationship itself. 

I agree that we should make allowances for human weaknesses when it is a case of life long devotion , since none of us is perfect ..

One of the many that I liked ...this one is from ABC murders written by Agatha Christie ..

" Speech, so a wise old Frenchman said to me once, is an invention of man's to prevent him from thinking "

"Give me blood, I will give you freedom" it's one of the most influencing one I have ever heard.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

"Give me blood, I will give you freedom" it's one of the most influencing one I have ever heard.

Who said when ? and why ? grinning

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Who said when ? and why ? grinning

@usha manohar we all know who made the above mentioned quote but your question is apt for the man who is popularly known for his wit among this writing community. Well, thanks to @suni51 who reminded us one of the most spirited statements ever made during the freedom struggle of India. .  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: suni51, Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.